Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strong DDoS Protection - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Strong DDoS Protection

2»

Comments

• @jarland said:

desperand said: Sorry if i insulting someone, but this is fact

No, you're not. The mere mention of AthenaLayer here is intended to be a joking insult toward it's creator.

Post Nick's IP data pls

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@doghouch said:

@jarland said:

No, you're not. The mere mention of AthenaLayer here is intended to be a joking insult toward it's creator.

Post Nick's IP data pls

Can do better: https://www.dropbox.com/s/63a0nyd3r7ugszs/v8xY7cgfNoHzQ6N5.mp4?dl=0

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2016

@jarland said:

@doghouch said:

@jarland said:

Post Nick's IP data pls

Can do better: https://www.dropbox.com/s/63a0nyd3r7ugszs/v8xY7cgfNoHzQ6N5.mp4?dl=0

Crap - that's some premium content. I recall him calling us stupid or something... then, we just kicked is sorry excuse of an ass out of here

Where'd you get that?

• matteob said: We have lot of customers that was on CF with free or PRO plan and websites got shutted because TCP attacks was forwarded to original servers.

Do they have the same page-loading times as your main site?

@doghouch said:
    Where'd you get that?

Took it from his Twitter and threw it in my Dropbox for a rainy day. Never forget.

Thanked by 2FlamesRunner netomx
    edited August 2016

@jarland Also gotta love his VAST knowledge of PHP.

Thanked by 1jar
  • SplitIce said: Serverius Network (1.4 - 1.6Tbps protection)

How it that possible considering Serverius tiny network is not even near that?

• Where the heck do you find this gold @jarland

edited August 2016

@jarland He also has an IQ of 160 (he said something like that), so he's a THE genius. Claims that his service isn't on OVH (which it is). I hope that he realizes that DDoSing is illegal - especially against someone with wods of moolah and lawyers to sue him

• @FlamesRunner said:
    Where the heck do you find this gold @jarland

• @FlamesRunner said:
    Where the heck do you find this gold @jarland

It was on his Twitter a while ago.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • @apollo15 said: How it that possible considering Serverius tiny network is not even near that?

It is anycast with scrubbing in multiple locations.

• @tr1cky said:

no, our customers are legit companies that need performance and strong protection ;)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said:

@doghouch said:

@jarland said:

Post Nick's IP data pls

Be sure to keep a copy of that since he's bound to DMCA it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jar

@Francisco said:

@jarland said:

@doghouch said:

@jarland said:

Post Nick's IP data pls

Be sure to keep a copy of that since he's bound to DMCA it.

Francisco

Good to have friends in many places :)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@apollo15 said:

SplitIce said: Serverius Network (1.4 - 1.6Tbps protection)

How it that possible considering Serverius tiny network is not even near that?

Thats their network (their "mix"). You don't need to use / only use Serverius's Bandwidth mix (although its a good asset to have). Its a great Datacenter for inter-connectivity within NL & DE.

edited September 2016

@Francisco I bet he just DOS'ed with his own computer, and Trump's server blocked him from too many requests

EDIT: I can't see where he's SSH'ed into, idk

Thanked by 1Lunar
  • @jarland said:

@doghouch said:

@jarland said:

Post Nick's IP data pls

Why oh why does he try to sound like he's so smart. I'm dying :D

• matteob said: no, our customers are legit companies that need performance and strong protection ;)

I don't understand the logic, I really don't.

I know your first page-load for seflow.net is always that slow so it seems to be an anti-ddos mechanism. After loading the page for the first time it loads fluently afterwards, but what the hell are you doing that takes ~20 seconds for the first page load?

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@tr1cky said:

matteob said: no, our customers are legit companies that need performance and strong protection ;)

I don't understand the logic, I really don't.

I know your first page-load for seflow.net is always that slow so it seems to be an anti-ddos mechanism. After loading the page for the first time it loads fluently afterwards, but what the hell are you doing that takes ~20 seconds for the first page load?

Maybe some type of synproxy or layer7 validation. Could be also some sort of network acls which limit tcp syn traffic or so on.

• Kabeldamagement said: Maybe some type of synproxy or layer7 validation. Could be also some sort of network acls which limit tcp syn traffic or so on.

To me that sounds like a problem. To me that sounds like seflow use very heavy filtering for their own page, maybe because they receive heavy attacks on their main page?

What if a customer receives attacks that seflow can only handle when the first page-load takes ~20 seconds? I don't think it's worth it then.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited September 2016

@tr1cky said:

Kabeldamagement said: Maybe some type of synproxy or layer7 validation. Could be also some sort of network acls which limit tcp syn traffic or so on.

To me that sounds like a problem. To me that sounds like seflow use very heavy filtering for their own page, maybe because they receive heavy attacks on their main page?

What if a customer receives attacks that seflow can only handle when the first page-load takes ~20 seconds? I don't think it's worth it then.

Nothing to do with our ddos mitigation because our website is in sensor mode. the main issue is that domflow.it and seflow are on same server. domflow.it manage onapp external statistic that have a bug where some process will never die. it will be solved on next domflow.it website version that will be ready on middle september with secure cloud hosting launching.

we use a caching system, so if you visit first time you will be hitten by a bug, second time no.

Regards

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

matteob said: Starting from business plan (200$ month) you will get full DDoS Protection.

Not as far as I am aware. To my knowledge, CloudFlare doesn't offer anything besides HTTP proxying at all.

@time4vps said:

joepie91 said: CloudFlare does not offer real DDoS mitigation.

Interesting... It would be nice to see CF representative reply to that article.

The only response I've seen from a CF employee was on personal title, and failed to actually address any of it. I strongly doubt that CF is unaware of the existence of the article, given that it hit the Hacker News frontpage, so... yeah. I'm not expecting a response.