Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GTT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GTT

Wondering if any providers have insight on GTTs general North American network quality? Any consistent problem areas/peering?

I've heard generally good things in the past, but nothing recent. Primarily interested in hearing from anyone transiting largish amounts of bandwidth. 2-10G range - 90% inbound in my case.

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

It's been a lot better since they completed the merging of the nlayer product and got rid of the ex4550 units at the customer edge.

• GTT is good when there are no issues. But when derp, oh man do they derp. Word of advise: do not, under any circumstances, single-home with GTT.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

DigitalFyre said: GTT is good when there are no issues. But when derp, oh man do they derp. Word of advise: do not, under any circumstances, single-home with GTT.

Would recommend against ever running a singlehomed network, especially to a carrier directly. There are some cases where having redundant connections to a mixed multi carrier BGP blend is acceptable, but even then not always.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • jbiloh said: Would recommend against ever running a singlehomed network, especially to a carrier directly. There are some cases where having redundant connections to a mixed multi carrier BGP blend is acceptable, but even then not always.

Of course. However, for whatever reason, if you absolutely have to single-home with a carrier, GTT may not be the best choice. That's all :-)

• I am highly recommend. Base on our experience, their network very stable, and very seldom to see the congestion on peering point.

• @DigitalFyre said:
    But when derp, oh man do they derp. Word of advise: do not, under any circumstances, single-home with GTT.

Can you expand on that at all?

It would be part of a mix.

• Thanks for the comments so far all.