Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dediserve Amsterdam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dediserve Amsterdam

Is it just me or their Amsterdam location is having way too many problems?? They are down right now.

Live chat offline / Nothing on status page and no reply (yet) to my ticket.

Really frustrated ...

Thanked by 1thatix

Comments

• am able to ping their lg without any issues.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited August 2016

Yeah, I can confirm.

It's been flapping up and down for me too. (monitoring ssh port for an experimental gitlab instance on @dediserve AMS)

I'm inclined to think it's something specific to Dediserve's AMS bandwidth and not Serverius DC itself. (because I'm seeing little correlation between iwstack NL(serverius) and my dediserve's connectivity outages)

• There is nothing on their network status page: http://dediservestatus.com/

• This is weird. Normally the ticket will be responded within several minutes.

Anyway other locations are fine

• @thatix said:
    This is weird. Normally the ticket will be responded within several minutes.

Yes, normally they have a very fast (and good) support. Did you already get a response or explanation for what happen?

• @vimalware said:
    I'm inclined to think it's something specific to Dediserve's AMS bandwidth and not Serverius DC itself. (because I'm seeing little correlation between iwstack NL(serverius) and my dediserve's connectivity outages)

Some time ago i asked dediserve team what connectivity they used in their AMS datacenter and i'm almost sure they said they used the "default" Serverius connectivity. So i guess using Serverius directly will be the same in terms of network.

But maybe @dediserve can clarify this.

Thanked by 2vimalware dediserve
  • AMS Services are fine now.

The last alert greater than 1min outage was in June when I checked now. I guess I can live with that.

My initial comment was guided by my 'perception' of the frequent email notifications from my external monitoring. (1 miss each)

I am monitoring TCP connect success to ssh port since that is what I need to measure on a git server.

• @nqservices said:

@vimalware said:

Some time ago i asked dediserve team what connectivity they used in their AMS datacenter and i'm almost sure they said they used the "default" Serverius connectivity. So i guess using Serverius directly will be the same in terms of network.

But maybe @dediserve can clarify this.

Confirmed.

• @dediserve said:
    Confirmed.

That is great, because from what i can read on Serverius website, their network seems to be really good and they also seem to be constantly updating their services.

They also have direct and redundant connection to both NL and DE exchange points.

Thanked by 1dediserve