Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NodeDeploy (Market Research)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NodeDeploy (Market Research)

PhilNDPhilND Member
edited March 2013 in Providers

Hi guys,

Some may have heard of NodeDeploy, some, unfortunately, may not have heard of us. Basically the gang and I were proud to be voted by so many people this quarter, I believe we have at least doubled in terms of points from the previous quarter. BUT, there is capacity for improvement.

If you don't mind doing the following, it should be pretty straightforward:

Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy? If you have:
Why didn't you vote NodeDeploy for this quarter? If you did:
Why didn't you vote NodeDeploy as your top provider? If you did:
What can we do to make your experience EVEN better?

I have asked and confirmed this with Liam, and please note this is not to change your votes for this quarter, this is to help us improve our service for the next quarter and for quarters after that.

Post here or feel free to PM me if you want privacy.

Cheers guys,
Phil

Comments

• Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy?

• I did
      Why didn't you vote NodeDeploy for this?

• I did
      Why didn't you vote NodeDeploy as your top provider?

• I did

• Not that much, you guys are doing a great job :)

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited March 2013

I prefer not to vote on the quarter polls since I use too many good providers.

And probably because I am part of a provider myself.

• PhilNDPhilND Member
    edited March 2013

@Bogdacutuu, cheers! That's very heart warming. However feminine that makes me sound. I don't care. Thanks a lot. :)

@Ishaq, that's understandable. Thanks for posting here. :)

• KrisKris Member

@PhilND said: Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy?

Not me, but some may find the clash of fonts, or the harsh crisp font in the graphics of the 'all plans come with' area off-putting.

Parts of the site use Arial default, while other parts use Verdana. Uniform font would be great.

Finally the logo doesn't really seem like a logo. Something like nodedeploy in lowercase Calibri or another modern font would be simplistic and give you some branding, per se.

• @Kris that's definitely one of the points we are addressing, the new layout will be released April 3rd :)

• @PhilND said: Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy?

For me, your locations are not unique enough to warrant dropping providers that I already use in near-by locations. For example, you offer OVZ in Phoenix, but we're already being served by LA/SD and Dallas, and we do not need Germany connectivity at this time.

I would quite like to use your service otherwise.

• Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy? If you have:

• was scared last year as you are new provider with very aggressive prices. Was waiting for things to settle and see if you guys are still there. No offense, was also skeptical with so many providers last year, and they all did good afterwards in the poll.
  • @PhilND said: Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy? If you have:

Why didn't you vote NodeDeploy for this quarter? If you did:

To be completely honest, there's two reason why I didn't put you in my list. A little disclaimer first: I have services from 8 different provider, they can't all win ;)
    1) Support is good (very good at that), but slower compared to other providers. This may have valid reasons (and rightly so) and I'm definitely not paying top dollar for support, but this is just something compared to other providers that comes to mind.
    2) No IPv6 on my GER KVM machines. Truth be told: I haven't opened a ticket about this and I just set up a HE tunnel (there's little latency compared to IPv4).

On the other hand, I like:
    1) Price: it's just extremely cheap.
    2) Resources: plenty for what you pay for
    3) Performance: very decent performance
    4) Support: support ticket replies are friendly and helpful. You guys also show flexibility towards your customers in your tickets.

• sonicsonic Veteran

Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy?
    Your site looks bad, not attractive. (it seems down now)
    And

@jcaleb said: was scared last year as you are new provider with very aggressive prices.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@PhilND said: Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy?

There are lots of very good providers in this market, and you haven't stood out for me personally. I can't recall a single one of your offers, so that probably means that a) you're not doing anything different enough and b) I haven't read too much praise about your services.

• @Nekki said: a) you're not doing anything different enough

Have you not seen our KVM offerings? I guess the offers section does move quick.

• Well, when I attempted to check you guys out...

It's not just you! http://nodedeploy.com looks down from here.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy?
    I did use your service for a short while

Why didn't you vote NodeDeploy for this quarter?
    The service and support was good, but there are better providers.

Why didn't you vote NodeDeploy as your top provider?
    Because I like some others better. I'll quote my post in the poll:

1. IPXcore

2. BuyVM
    3. CatalystHost

Fixing this would be a start:
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at nodedeploy.com.
    Also (don't take this the wrong way) the name sort of bothers me. NodeDeploy is a mouthful. Try saying it out loud you'll see what I mean. You said you were making a new website anyway, perhaps you could rebrand to something with a better name?

• @klikli Thread attracted a ddos attack alas.

• @Shovenose How are you pronouncing it? "Node" "Deploy" the whole purpose of NodeDeploy is to be able to Deploy "nodes" i.e a cloud, which we're working on doing :)

• IvanIvan Member

Nodedeploy.com is down

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BradND said: Have you not seen our KVM offerings? I guess the offers section does move quick.

How are your KVM plans particularly different from anyone else's? I just had a quick look at a couple of them in the archive and nothing stood out to me when I read through them.

• It's 2GB KVM. What else do you want?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@BradND Node Deploy It's weird where the Ds are I guess?

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited March 2013

@BradND said: Thread attracted a ddos attack alas.

Karma?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@serverian said: It's 2GB KVM. What else do you want?

Well I don't want a 2GB KVM in the first place, but other providers do 2GB KVMs, so that doesn't attract my attention.

• i was vote for iperweb, for edis.at, and for nodedeploy.

first - really very veery good services (fast, cheap, good support, good website (informative) and stable.
    second - informative website (test tools) fast vpses (very very good) - i leave edis - because i need to much pay (but servies really good)
    thrid -nodedeploy. i was buy it ~ few weeks ago, i was try it. It's cheap, ya, i's good for websites, nodedeploy have good network speed, but other features not really good.
    As like:
    support
    website
    really overloaded hardware (sometimes cpu is stacking!!!);

But great side of nodedeploy -very cheap, IMBA cheap services!

Nodedeploy can be good only after doing next steps:

• New website (not need good design or etc) what friendly for feature users and newbies. As like:

• wiki (with many guides how setup something, starting from lamp/lemp servers and more other guides);
      • community/forum/irc chat
      • Looking GLass servies (web page, where user can type ip to ping or tracert it (as like in edis.at);
      • test ip
      • detailed and more informative info about vpeses.
    • About Services:

• make normal ticket system, and try to answer for questions as fast as you can (best is maximum response time is few hours);
      • people looking for really cheap hardware, but that not mean "overloaded". If you selling services, you can increase price for that, but sell "STABLE" and "FLY" services, as like it do edis.at, do you know why they so popularity? Because they have really stable services, and fast! They want money for real guranted resoruces. Not as like i was have.
        so increase price for services, and increase perfomance for it

Anyway, do not agry at me, i just critic what i was have by my own experience.

All other sides - good. Really cheap and good.

• @joodle If karma means jealousy.. maybe :>

• @neqste

We will be adding a looking glass to all our servers, we used to provide test IPs in public. However, we found that as soon as new offers were posted the test IP's started to receive attacks and when we null routed the IP they started to work through our /24's

As for the CPU speed, we are planning on moving all the VPS's from e3 to e5 servers within the next month or two, all resources we sell are actually guaranteed, just we made a few miscalculations on CPU requirements.

As for the Wiki, that is being worked on at the moment.
    https://nodedeploy.com/wiki and we do also have a IRC irc.nodedeploy.com/6667 #nodedeploy

• Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy?

• Location: I typically like using KVM. Either LA or Germany works well for me. I'm in NYC, so pings from both are relatively high.

• VPS size: Smaller plans would be nice (ie 128MB or 256MB) for cheaper

• Karma (in hindi language means, "What you Do/work")
    I dont know what it is referred to as. in here.

Any how website is accessible to me.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Dear people DDOSing NodeDeploy...

why?

(assuming that's really happening)

• @raindog308

It does indeed happen, it happens every time we get a new offer posted on LEB or post a thread regarding us on LET

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited March 2013
    • Why haven't you tried NodeDeploy? If you have:
      I did.

• Why didn't you vote NodeDeploy for this quarter? If you did:
      I did.

• Why didn't you vote NodeDeploy as your top provider? If you did:
      I am indecisive and I would give all of my providers the top provider spot if given the ability.

• What can we do to make your experience EVEN better?
      Free pocket lamp. Stay the course.. maybe add a new location to continue dominating the world.

@raindog308 said: (assuming that's really happening)

Definitely happens. Got hit once in UK for no reason -- the server never actually saw any real traffic besides that.