Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thread no longer bumping?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thread no longer bumping?

alterarchalterarch Member
edited March 2013 in General

Just noticed that the thread about the controversy surrounding @Chief, Colocrossing and End of Reality had had some setting enabled that stops them from being bumped. Someone wants them to slowly fade out...

Here is the thread (You can cross reference the time of the last post with a newer topic to see that it is no longer able to be bumped):
http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/9058/ownership-of-letleb

Comments

• Also noticed this.

• krokro Member

This is pure bs. Dirty tactic.
    Good spotting.

@chief looks like people are watching you very closely.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

It means "STFU" when that happens :)

• @joepie91 opens a can of worms which they don't want...

• stop paying for ads on let/leb.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Ah, classy.

So, @Chief or whoever else set the thread to sink, mind explaining yourself?

• So many whiners in these forums. If you don't like the way this website is run, why are you here?

@nutjob said: If you don't like the way this website is run, why are you here?

Maybe because quite a few of us have been members of a community that's slowly deterioriating because of this bullshit?

• @nutjob said: So many whiners in these forums. If you don't like the way this website is run, why are you here?

Because the alternatives are either worse or are not specifically focused on Low End VPS servers?

• @Liam said: The thread could of been deleted if we had the intention you're implying. I haven't read the thread yet and will reply later, however from a brief look it's another thread with a lot of misinformation. It's quite simple, at present @chief owns LET/LEB 100%.

Had you deleted this thread, you would have made it obvious to me that something was definitely going on. In that case, I would have let the community know so they could make of it what they wanted. Letting a thread sink on the other hand is a lot more subtle, isn't it?

• @joepie91 said: Maybe because quite a few of us have been members of a community that's slowly deterioriating because of this bullshit?

Then go take your community somewhere else. I guess you can whine about things you don't like, but until you actually do something about it, you're irrelevant.

• @alterarch said: Because the alternatives are either worse or are not specifically focused on Low End VPS servers?

Looks like you're stuck with it then. Poor you.

• This is what's really wrong with this site. Real intellectual discourse.

• @Liam said: It's quite simple, at present @chief owns LET/LEB 100%.

People seem to have a problem with that concept. Apparently private ownership is a new concept to them.

• You know you can multi quote in one post.

• PhilNDPhilND Member
    edited March 2013

@nutjob, you can actually quote multiple posts in a single post, as opposed to spamming the thread. :)

@serverian, you beat me. :')

• KrisKris Member
    edited March 2013

@nutjob said: This is what's really wrong with this site. Real intellectual discourse.

Speaking of that, you know you can quote multiple users in one post?

edit: beat twice.

• I think Chief said it enough.

@Zigara said: I'm curious how many other posts have been deleted that we don't know about?

@Chief said: Quite a few, not a huge amount but a few when they end up as an issue in my inbox with a lawyer's letterhead attached. Precisely why we do not have discussions on SpeedyVDS/Vortex-VPS on here anymore for example.

• Thank you all for the substantive responses.

edited March 2013

@Liam said: The thread could of been deleted if we had the intention you're implying. I haven't read the thread yet and will reply later, however from a brief look it's another thread with a lot of misinformation. It's quite simple, at present @chief owns LET/LEB 100%.

Rather than why it was not deleted, I'd like to know why it was set to sink.

EDIT: Another thing I forgot to mention... that there would be misinformation in that thread is an entirely predictable consequence of lack of transparency. If no information is given by the people responsible for the site, then community members will try to fill in the blanks themselves.

• I agree with @joepie91

• 5n1p5n1p Member
    edited March 2013

I have noticed sinking before, i think last secure dragon post on LET has sink very fast even thou there was ppl replying, so it's not first time.
    About @chief not responding, well maybe there is not much to say and might be that he protects EOR in some way, while not responding to this at all. Even if i would like him to respond, not that i was interested at first, and not that i use LET for very long but this has to stop some where, so maybe @chief could find some way to stop more threads opening because of this deal.

• @5n1p said: I have noticed sinking before, i think last secure dragon post on LET has sink very fast even thou there was ppl replying, so it's not first time.

Some categories are set to sink automatically I think.

@5n1p said: I have noticed sinking before, i think last secure dragon post on LET has sink very fast even thou there was ppl replying, so it's not first time.

As far as I know, threads in the 'Offers' category automatically sink. The thread mentioned here was set to sink manually by an administrator/moderator.

• 5n1p5n1p Member
    edited March 2013

@joepie91 said: As far as I know, threads in the 'Offers' category automatically sink. The thread mentioned here was set to sink manually by an administrator/moderator.

Yes when i saw it first time i was thinking this way, but then other post from other provider havent sink'd- Anyway i might be wrong. :D

• @joepie91 said: The thread mentioned here was set to sink manually by an administrator/moderator.

And how did you find that out?

• KrisKris Member

@mpkossen said: And how did you find that out?

Guessing deduction by replies not causing it to bump up, and it's in a forum area where it should be.

Chief apparently signed on last night to delete some thread I never saw, and people reported it stopped rising past that.

I know when to... not insert myself into a beehive, so I'll see myself out.

• SPSP Member

I can't really understand why everyone is so pissed off here. EOR is an OK provider, but even before all this fiasco they weren't really active in the forum. Either way, Robby doesn't appear to be butthurt by this so why is everyone else who isn't even involved? If he wanted to be pissed off, he could reg an account from another email address and post.

I, for one, am grateful for this forum and what I have learned from my visits. WHT is cool, but I feel like this site is much more personal and people seem to get to know each other. Plus the whole LEB concept brings much needed business to providers.

Whatever Chief wants to do with this site is his business. It is not falling apart nor is it clogged with spam. Lets just leave him alone.

• I think a lot of the new people on here think Chief created LEB/LET. That's not the case, it was handed over to him (possibly sold?). He's done nothing with it at all.