Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server with decent DDOS protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server with decent DDOS protection

Hello,

I have server with Hivelocity at the moment. Everything is working fine there. (No complains)
For a new project, I am considering a new provider (East coast or EU for better latency for EU/Asia/US) with pretty good DDOS protection.

I don't need quotes here. I am just looking for some suggestions on the providers that you think have a good network, quick support (for hardware / network issues) and have actual onsite DDOS protection. (NO GRE tunnel solution or third party DDOS protection)

So kindly suggest a good US based provide in East Coast OR a Europe based provider.
(If a provider has presence at multiple locations, that's a plus). If you have used them in the past, please share your experience. If you are provider yourself, do tell what is special about you :)

I was consider Psychz for this but they have their high end server only in LA. Which is a no go for me. Any experience with limestonenetworks ?

PS. This doesn't have to be low cost provider. (I need quality provider)

Thanks

Comments

• StackNetworkStackNetwork Member, Host Rep

If you need better connection to ASIA, then West Coast, USA is best ... we can provide affordable dedicated server in Los Angeles with DDoS protection.

Thanks.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

FYI

USA East coast (i.e New York) does not give "better latency" to Asia. It gives better latency to Europe.

USA West coast (i.e Los Angeles) gives the best (in USA) latency to Asia, and of course being further away it has worse latency to Europe (compared to East Coast).

Latency is largely a factor of distance (other factors including bandwidth quality / routes are a factor).

Additionally, for many countries, unless a network is specifically optimised many routes from Europe to Asia (especially China) will go via the US.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited August 2016

It is true that the US west coast gives the best latency to "Asia" but it also depends what meaning you put in the word "Asia".
    For instance Russia is a huge country, most of which is in Asia (although it's considered an European country), but the best latency to Russia would be from the East coast, not from the West coast. The same goes from Turkey - most of the territory is in Asia, but it is closer to Europe so the best latency would be from the East coast and not from the West coast.

If by "Asia" the OP means China and India (i.e. the largest population of Asia), then US west coast would be good. On the other hand it doesn't matter much where your server is, connectivity for users in China is almost always going to suck.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

Cleared

• ifykoifyko Member
    edited August 2016

@key900 said:
    We are in Pyschz in Dallas have this one

Dual l5630 8cores 16 HT
    32GB
    1TB Drive
    20Gbps DDoS Mitigation 
    20 TB @ 1Gbps port
    $45 per month
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=25

LookingGlass

http://lg.dl.letbox.com

"I don't need quotes here. I am just looking for some suggestions on the providers" ...his statement was sooo clear.

• HostBasticHostBastic Member, Host Rep

Reliablesite is located on the East side and they offer quite decent ddos protection, which can be upgraded depending on your needs. For dedicated servers located in the EU Voxility might be a good choice, they offer decent servers with optional ddos protection.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

@ifyko said:

@key900 said:

"I don't need quotes here. I am just looking for some suggestions on the providers" ...his statement was sooo clear.

Sorry for misunderstanding i clean my respond.

• I really appreciate everyone's input here but let's not move the topic into "East vs West" discussion. I need a better connection to Asia+Europe (May be I should have said south Asia) and from my experience East coast is better.

So anything in NY, Dallas, Ashburn, Chicago OR Europe would be the preference.

@HostBastic said:
    Reliablesite is located on the East side and they offer quite decent ddos protection, which can be upgraded depending on your needs. For dedicated servers located in the EU Voxility might be a good choice, they offer decent servers with optional ddos protection.

I have looked at Reliablesite. Might give them a try.
    They mainly seem to be using Choopa which is not that high in my list.

Voxility seems like a good option if you have multiple servers or a big fish. Their pricing with good DDOS protection are a bit too much. Will double check with them.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@Umair said:

>

PS. This doesn't have to be low cost provider. (I need quality provider)

Thanks

Hello there,

As you said it doesn't have to be a lowend provider, you can take a look at our Dedicated Server plans from here: https://www.hetnix.com/dedicated-servers.xml if you want brand new enterprise supermicro equipment, unsealed for you.

If you're looking for the regular old and re-used equipment, we have this: https://www.hetnix.com/budget-dedicated-servers.xml .

If you need more info. on the Anti-DDoS, you can access this page: https://www.hetnix.com/anti-ddos.xml .

PS: The Enterprise Supermicro Dedicated Server will have 10 Gbps of Anti-DDoS included.

Thank you.

• HostBasticHostBastic Member, Host Rep

You could always check out the Italian provider SeFlow or if you wish a location within France/Netherlands online.net might be a viable option.

Thanked by 1matteob
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

We also provide Dedicated Servers with our own 250Gbit Layer3-7 DDoS Protection in Frankfurt, Germany.

See https://www.kms-hosting.com/dedicated-server

• AthylAthyl Member
    edited August 2016

Cleared

Thanked by 1OpticalSwoosh
  • Taking note of thirsty providers who can't read and throwing out quotes

Thanked by 2Umair MikePT
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

Considering that OP using premium class provider such as Hivelocity the price is not a problem. Highly suggesting to contact Leaseweb for appropriate solution. Do not try build server manually, just ask for sales support to provide an offer for your requirements. LW has a decent Network.

Thanked by 2Umair MikePT
  • UmairUmair Member
    edited August 2016

Any suggestions / reviews between

PhoenixNAP

Leaseweb

Limestonenetworks

• LW has no ddos protection

• @apollo15 said:
    LW has no ddos protection

Probably not included in service as other providers. But they do have it
    https://www.leaseweb.com/cybersecurity-services

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@Umair We (QuickPacket) have Voxility in Atlanta.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

@Umair said:
    Hello,

I was consider Psychz for this but they have their high end server only in LA. Which is a no go for me.

Thanks

What do you mean?

• @PhotonVPS said:

What do you mean?

I mean your Dual Xeon CPU server are only available in LA. (or that's what I have been told by your sales team)

• Umair said: I mean your Dual Xeon CPU server are only available in LA. (or that's what I have been told by your sales team)

Aye. Psychz's Ashburn location has a limited selection of hardware :(

• Umair said: PS. This doesn't have to be low cost provider. (I need quality provider)

Well... since you're not looking for quotes/lowend, perhaps I can help (sorry for the self-promotion). Hit me up if yo have any questions. If you're interested, then I wish you the best of luck finding a suitable provider.

@Umair said:

@PhotonVPS said:

What do you mean?

I mean your Dual Xeon CPU server are only available in LA. (or that's what I have been told by your sales team)

That's correct, we have E5-1650s in other PoPs.

• Psychz, Voxility - strongly don't recommend. Personally for me and my services it's trash. Maybe someone like them, but it's their own personal tragedy. Why i don't like Psychz? Because of very weird ddos protection, which very easy to bypass and down, because of weird internal network rules & a lot of issues with tunnels, a lot of weird connections from weird shitty latency-laggy providers. Why i don't like voxility anymore: because of a lot heavy issues every single day with their network at different pop's, overloaded networks, time to time downtimes, because of packetloss which never ends, and because of infinite promises to fix errors. But to be clear, their ddos protection not the worst in the market (personally for me). But if I were in "your shoes", I would have looked in the direction of OVH (game) or KMS hosting.

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
    edited September 2016

@desperand said:
    Psychz, Voxility - strongly don't recommend. Personally for me and my services it's trash. Maybe someone like them, but it's their own personal tragedy. Why i don't like Psychz? Because of very weird ddos protection, which very easy to bypass and down, because of weird internal network rules & a lot of issues with tunnels, a lot of weird connections from weird shitty latency-laggy providers.

Do you mean inline vs diversion?

We take a custom approach to DDoS mitigation where you can set specific profiles for each client. You just need it configured to work with your application.

• @desperand said:

>

Any experience with PhoenixNAP / Limestonenetworks ??

No one here using these providers ??

Thanks

• @Umair said:

@desperand said:

>

Any experience with PhoenixNAP / Limestonenetworks ??

No one here using these providers ??

Thanks

I don't know anything about PhoenixNAP, but i know something about Limestonenetworks. I can't say bad words about quality of hardware, but their protection were not good for me in 2014, and i was move out from them all my dedi to new provider (ovh, then to some West Coast provider (i don't even remember their name), because 10gbit/s protection in 2014 from limestone networks did't feed my needs.

• www.megatrontech.com