Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider avice
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider avice

phungphung Member

Hi, am planning to get a new dedi server in the next few days, more like i will pick for these budget host (Ovh,Online and hetzner) due to costage,

my qeustion is out of them provdiers what has a better peering and transit blend, i currenly got a vpa on colocorseing the isp where most of my user are from are by me grepibg the log are Bt (UK),Virgin media(uk),opal telecom (not idea where they are),liberty global and Telefónica, what provder can give the best speed to them isp's out of my list.

It would be most helpfeal if user of them isp can tell me if there is any speed issue to them proverides

Thank;s

Comments

• I'd be helpful if you were to provide more information on what you're looking for, such as Specs, Budget etc....

There's quite a few budget providers in the UK/EU Region who can help you, like for @Clouvider for example.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Online and Hetzner has 1 Gbps connections. Of course if you go for OVH (not Kimsufi) they have it also. I know all have good connection to Europe. Don't know the last two providers you mention.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

Thanks for mentioning @DigitalFyre :-)!

@phung what specs are you after and what's your budget ?

We have some high quality transits in our mix like Level3 and NTT, we are also connected to LINX where a significant number of local, but also Europe and Global providers exchange traffic.

I'd be happy to help and welcome you on board !

Have a look at our most recent sale offer here: https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale though I'm more than happy to prepare something custom for you if needed.

• VirginMedia is shit end of.

5 hours explaining their router isn't compatible with the Xbox one.

"Have you tried contacting Microsoft about your faulty Xbox?" THE MODERATORS ON THEIR FORUM ADMIT ITS AN ISSUE WITH VM.

Also their network is pretty shocking, more oversold that CVPS or any BudgetGeek crap

/endrant

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • RazzaRazza Member
    edited August 2016

OpticalSwoosh said: VirginMedia is shit end of

That's a bit of an overstatement, in my own opinion a shit isp would be Talktalk

OpticalSwoosh said: Also their network is pretty shocking, more oversold that CVPS or any BudgetGeek crap

I do agree in some virgin area's the network is a joke due to being over subscribed , but it's fine most areas.

• LeeLee Veteran

OpticalSwoosh said: Also their network is pretty shocking, more oversold that CVPS or any BudgetGeek crap

I have been using Virgin since first available (NTL), customer service is certainly bad however network aside from the occasional blip has been fine throughout.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

OpticalSwoosh said: 5 hours explaining their router isn't compatible with the Xbox one.

"Have you tried contacting Microsoft about your faulty Xbox?" THE MODERATORS ON THEIR FORUM ADMIT ITS AN ISSUE WITH VM.

Sorry, what? In what way isn't it compatible?

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Have you checked hosting companies website's if there was some kind of looking glass to test connection between your line and the provider ?

Thanked by 1doughmanes