Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uptime robot, the reason of the false downtimes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Uptime robot, the reason of the false downtimes

taronyutaronyu Member
edited March 2013 in General

I just received this in my mail:

Hi,

For the last few months, we were working on a new monitoring engine that will work faster, better and scale.

We have it completed, ran lots of tests and, lately, activated it randomly for some accounts (including yours) to test its performance in the production environment.

It performs very good..except few issues that have ended up in several false/positives (including last night). Very sorry for them.

Waking you up with false/positives is the last thing we would want and, actually, we are here to make sure that you have a good/deep sleep knowing that your sites/servers are being watched.

We work so hard for that, have already applied multiple fixes and will be regularly improving the system to prevent such issues from occurring again.

Have a great weekend,

http://www.uptimerobot.com/
http://twitter.com/uptimerobot

It does explain allot why I was having repeated down times while all the servers where online.

Comments

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

This is just another day using pingdom.

We have a external monitor but that needs three failures to mark as down, so downtime less than <3min don't get recorded.

• Well, I have more false positives with pingdom than uptimerobot.

And honestly, I think they must offer a paid plan. That should help to develop quickly more features and fix the bugs around to kill that expensive pingdom stuff.

• nice to hear they fix that

• Uptimerobot is alright if you want to know about downtime 5-10 minutes too late.

I jumped ship when they fubar'd their domain renewal. Maybe another year and they'll have it running right...

• KrisKris Member

@pubcrawler said: Uptimerobot is alright if you want to know about downtime 5-10 minutes too late.

Agreed. Had users sending us UptimeRobot reports last week to the point of signing up for NodePing to prove the servers are up

BTW - @NodePing is great. Had to make my own navigation for a server uptime interface, but they offer public reports / summaries, and I couldn't be happier.

Took all of 48 hours to convince a company I consult for to get it purchased & setup themselves.

• I use them as a backup (if my own service goes down), but I've never had any false downtimes.