Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS in Germany for max €5/Mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS in Germany for max €5/Mo

CartmanCartman Member
edited August 2016 in Requests

Hello LET,

I am in need of a KVM VPS located in Germany. More details are available below.

Budget: € 5.00 per month

Minimum Specifications:

• 1x Intel Xeon E3-12XX Core at over 3 GHz or 1x Intel Xeon E5-16XX Core at over 3 GHz
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 15 GB HDD or SSD
  • 2 TB Monthly Traffic at 100 Mbps
  • 1 IPv4 IP Address and 1 /64 Range of IPv6
  • KVM only!

Optional but very welcome:

• free included DDoS protection
  • unmetered bandwidth (also known as traffic flatrate)

Purpose: Web hosting only and nothing else. Blogs, forums and wikis plus maybe hosting some source code and compiled binaries of projects (nothing illegal - everything is self programmed stuff).

Thanks!

Comments

• CartmanCartman Member
    edited August 2016

What CPU would that be and which clocks?

And "Vertragslaufzeit: 6 Monate" for UltraVPS plans within my budget... O_o so this one is a nope nope.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 2016

@Cartman said:

What CPU would that be and which clocks?

E5-26xx

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3471556

(maybe that has changed in between, but if it does, it won't be less anyways ;-))

Thanked by 1Cartman
  • CartmanCartman Member
    edited August 2016

Oh, so a shitty single core at 2.10 GHz. Not what I would call powerful. I know that this CPUs are good for multicore but this single core gets beaten the crap out with a single Intel Xeon E3 core at over 3 GHz. Thanks but nope.

• Cartman said: so this one is a nope nope

Cartman said: Thanks but nope.

ok then...

Cartman said: please give sane budget

corrected that for you ;-)

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • To be honest €5/Mo is a sane budget for what I asked on LET. I've seen better deals for that money but of course mostly in the USA though. Seen good KVMs with strong CPUs and a nice amount of RAM with a fair bandwidth limit for $5 which is a bit less than €5.

I am not just looking for those default offers. I know that some of you guys do special deals. Seen enough of the requests here getting special offers from providers.

If 512 MB RAM, 15 GB HDD, 2 TB BW, 1x IPv4 and /64 IPv6 in Germany with a good CPU core of a Intel Xeon E3 is not possible for €5 on LET? Where should I go then?

• out of curiosity: what kind of webpage are you hosting which requires high single core performance with low ram and a lot of bw? :-)

keep in mind that virtualization KVM does not guarantee dedicated ressources anyways.

there are also offers from leaseweb, crowncloud, hostinginside, galaxyhostplus and some more - yet I can't tell what CPU those offers include... maybe just wait and there are further offerings coming to you ;-)

or just contact them directly for a custom deal...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Cartman said:

Seen enough of the requests here getting special offers from providers.

That works better if you've been around a bit and regularly contribute, or if the host is desperate for business. Beware the latter.

Thanked by 1Cartman
  • You can pick Ddos protection or a solid service

Vultr 5$ deal sounds like a solid deal. 768M , 15GB SSD and 1Tb.

Also ive been using Tilaa for a long time. Cant go wrong there. AMS1 ja HLM1 as locations. Bandwidth is unmetered. Service costs a bit more.

If you want it cheap, then well Scaleway or OVH SSD VPS.

• CartmanCartman Member
    edited August 2016

@Falzo

I updated the thread in regards of what I am going to hosting. Basically this VPS I am looking for is a much smaller VPS as the one I use at the moment and I pay much more for what I use at the moment but it is pure crap.

@jaakka

I am thinking... did you even read the request? I need it to be located in Germany and atleast 2 TB bandwidth. DDoS protection is optional.

Plus Vultr in Germany is bad in terms of bandwidth. They're using GTT... Thanks but no. I can't even get stable 300 KB/s from that.

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2016

OnVirt.de utilizes 3GHz+ CPU, their 512MB/20GB-SSD/500GB KVM VPS is €4/m or €8.8/quarter with leb20 code, I have no idea how much they charge for additional bandwidth though @OnSebastian 1GB/30GB-SSD/2TB plan is €6/m (LET40 code). Voxility protected IP is €2, and their LG is here.

Thanked by 2OnSebastian Cartman
  • @bersy

The 512 MB box sounds pretty good although the bandwidth is pretty low. That is almost what I am looking for. I doubt I can get anything reasonable in terms of bandwidth for one Euro more.

@OnSebastian thanked you for mentioning him but didn't say anything about bandwidth upgrades. So I assume they don't provide that kind of service addons.

• @Falzo said:
    out of curiosity: what kind of webpage are you hosting which requires high single core performance with low ram and a lot of bw? :-)

keep in mind that virtualization KVM does not guarantee dedicated ressources anyways.

there are also offers from leaseweb, crowncloud, hostinginside, galaxyhostplus and some more - yet I can't tell what CPU those offers include... maybe just wait and there are further offerings coming to you ;-)

or just contact them directly for a custom deal...

Thank You for mention.

Our current plan

KVM - 2016 K1

Disk Space = 50 GB HDD + SSD Cache

Ram = 512 MB DDR4

Core CPU = x2

x2 IPv4 Included plus IPv6 /80 Subnet

1Gbps Network

Bandwidth = 1 TB > We can upgrade to 2 TB no issues

CPU Intel Xeon E5 E5-1650v3

3.5 GHz

Our normal Price is $7 /Monthly so bit higher than what's mention above.

Thanked by 1Cartman
  • Hi @Cartman, traffic addons are not part of our regular addons. I sent you a individual offer for that.
    Or, you may upgrade to a more powerful VPS which includes more traffic.

Hi @bersy, thanks for mention us!

Best Regards
    Sebastian from OnVirt

Thanked by 2bersy Cartman
  • Cartman said: didn't say anything about bandwidth upgrades. So I assume they don't provide that kind of service addons.

Yeah, I find it a little odd too.

• @OnSebastian said:
    Hi @Cartman, traffic addons are not part of our regular addons. I sent you a individual offer for that.

I have replied to your message. Sounds good :) .

• @GalaxyHostPlus

Would you be ready to make something like a custom plan? For example I don't need 50 GB HDD. So maybe if that can be lowered the price can go down? And I'd only need 1 CPU Core and 1 IPv4 instead of two.

Also great to hear that you could do 2 TB monthly traffic without issues.

• Hetzner has ddos protection?

1.32 Tbit Bandwidth
    Redundant Network
    Juniper Routing Technology
    High-Speed Access to All Internet Uplinks
    24/7 Monitoring
    Network Availability min. 99%
    DDoS Protection

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@Cartman said:

Oh, so a shitty single core at 2.10 GHz. Not what I would call powerful. I know that this CPUs are good for multicore but this single core gets beaten the crap out with a single Intel Xeon E3 core at over 3 GHz. Thanks but nope.

If 2,93GHz (Xeon X5570) is okay with you, we could also provide KVM VPS with 1GB Ram / 60GB HDD and 10G Shared Uplink + 250G L3-L7 DDoS Protection in Frankfurt - for 4,50€ per month, Prepaid.

Thanked by 1Cartman
  • @Kabeldamagement said:
    If 2,93GHz (Xeon X5570) is okay with you, we could also provide KVM VPS with 1GB Ram / 60GB HDD and 10G Shared Uplink + 250G L3-L7 DDoS Protection in Frankfurt - for 4,50€ per month, Prepaid.

Price is totally alright. 60 GB HDD is not necessary. I currently have 50 and I don't even use 50% of it. Uplink is pretty sweet. Unfortunately that CPU is pretty old and can't compare with anything newer like the E3 Xeons or E5-16XX series.

I'll think about it. The CPU is probably still better than the AMD one my current VPS has but that Intel one is actually even one year older than the AMD one.

• @Cartman said:
    @GalaxyHostPlus

Would you be ready to make something like a custom plan? For example I don't need 50 GB HDD. So maybe if that can be lowered the price can go down? And I'd only need 1 CPU Core and 1 IPv4 instead of two.

Sure Price can be lower due less Storage and CPU, basically we will need customize order and price.

For x1 Core and X1 IPv4 we can go with $5 /Monthly, if Interested pm me

Thanked by 1Cartman
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@Cartman said:

@Kabeldamagement said:

Price is totally alright. 60 GB HDD is not necessary. I currently have 50 and I don't even use 50% of it. Uplink is pretty sweet. Unfortunately that CPU is pretty old and can't compare with anything newer like the E3 Xeons or E5-16XX series.

I'll think about it. The CPU is probably still better than the AMD one my current VPS has but that Intel one is actually even one year older than the AMD one.

You will not feel any difference between a X5570 or a actual E3 with nearly the same specs, only power usage is a bit higher - but this is something where the customer has not to care about, because he doesnt pay the power ;)

We already have some E5 running for virtualization, but nothing with around 3Ghz or more.

• @Cartman said:

@Kabeldamagement said:

It's a really good VPS (+FAST uplink), if you aren't demanding SSD.
    Go for it.

I have the same 1GB kvm from kms.
    It's not slow, comparable to 2.4Ghz latest gen E5 :

time echo "scale=5000; a(1)*4" | bc -l

real    0m28.867s
    user    0m27.882s
    sys     0m0.054s

Thanked by 2jh_aurologic ehab
  • Another great CPU offer is this 1Gb kvm for $4 USD from @safehousecloud (voxility)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/87509/safehouse-cloud-sale-ssd-kvm-washington-frankfurt-and-la-incl-ddos-protection

There's only 15GB ssd for this special, but it's FAST.

Thanked by 2Falzo bersy
  • order to ovh betters :). cheap and safe, hahahaha

• @vimalware said:
    Another great CPU offer is this 1Gb kvm for $4 USD from @safehousecloud (voxility)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/87509/safehouse-cloud-sale-ssd-kvm-washington-frankfurt-and-la-incl-ddos-protection

Be careful with this host. I ordered one from Germany and it is all good, deployed instantly. Ordered a 2nd which was in US, didnt get deployed and no response to support ticket that i submitted 4 days ago. Unsure of their status at the moment

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @GalaxyHostPlus said:

@Cartman said:
    @GalaxyHostPlus

Sure Price can be lower due less Storage and CPU, basically we will need customize order and price.

For x1 Core and X1 IPv4 we can go with $5 /Monthly, if Interested pm me

Our price dropped to $5 on promotion with original specs
    https://galaxyhostplus.com/promotions
    With promo code: k1-5

• @vimalware said:
    Another great CPU offer is this 1Gb kvm for $4 USD from @safehousecloud (voxility)

Unable to edit my original comment.

I retract my recommendation based on their disappearance from all public and private support channels.

Avoid .

Thanked by 1bersy