Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delimiter Order how long to provision
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

delimiter Order how long to provision

Any one know how long delimiter require to provision the server

tried to send them tickets but they said it will be on the past Thursday and now they just close the ticket i asked about

Comments

• Which provider ?

• I picked up a another server with them a few weeks ago and it was provisioned within an hour and half after ordering. This was at around 10:00am EST, on a Thursday. Granted I already have active services with them as well.

• Took them ~5 days to deliver a dedicated server, about 4-5 months ago.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

wait sometime,they are not going to deliver on week-ends.

• LeeLee Veteran

hostdare said: wait sometime,they are not going to deliver on week-ends.

However they have had a full working week between the order date and now.

• If you order additional ips then you might have to provide some justification somewhere

• goinsj2010goinsj2010 Member
    edited August 2016

I'm not sure how other people get so lucky, but in my experience Delimiter always takes at least 2 weeks to provision dedicated servers. In some cases things got delayed by the billing department (even though it's the same payment information I'd used for existing servers!?).

Once the server gets provisioned my experiences have been very good.

• Last time I ordered from them the server was setup within a day. Next day the whole power outage drama started and it took them 2 weeks to get the thing running proper. It's a nice server but that experience alone was enough to make me move my setup right away. Now it's just idling till end of the contract.

• DaTaDaTa Member

@saragoldfarb what power outage drama? can you tell me more
    by the way they have just mailed me the server setup it appear that LEB has the effect lol

• LeeLee Veteran

DaTa said: what power outage drama?

lol

• micronodesmicronodes Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

@CFarence said:
    I picked up a another server with them a few weeks ago and it was provisioned within an hour and half after ordering. This was at around 10:00am EST, on a Thursday. Granted I already have active services with them as well.

I've always wondered how good Delimeter is, but now I see they have provisioning times (still interested to see performance).

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited August 2016

@DaTa said:
    by the way they have just mailed me the server setup it appear that LEB has the effect lol

good luck, read before you buy ;) delimiter died after the power outage and they don't care about LEB anymore.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @DaTa said:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/74687/delimiter-major-power-outage-in-atlanta

• @wwabbit said:

@DaTa said:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/74687/delimiter-major-power-outage-in-atlanta

Read up on that post. I don't think anything like this will happen again anytime soon but it didn't leave me with a good impression of the company.

• @micronodes said:
    I've always wondered how good Delimeter is, but now I see they have provisioning times (still interested to see performance).

Like I said, I moved all stuff. I have a HP BL260c E5420/24G/2x500G just sitting there. I'm not sure if they will let you transfer servers to another account but if you want I'll let it go for $20. It's been paid for till the end of the year.

• @Saragoldfarb said:

@micronodes said:

Like I said, I moved all stuff. I have a HP BL260c E5420/24G/2x500G just sitting there. I'm not sure if they will let you transfer servers to another account but if you want I'll let it go for $20. It's been paid for till the end of the year.

I assume this is on the $200 yearly term? I might be interested... ;-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • My first server took 4 days to provision. Which is theoretically within their promised "1 working day for sales to approve the order, 3 working days for techs to provision"

My second server took a couple of hours to provision after the order.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited August 2016

@Saragoldfarb said:

@micronodes said:

Im also interested.

• I'll take it for $25. PM me if you can transfer it @Saragoldfarb.

• daily said: I'll take it for $25.

daily said: I think I'm making this up but some place named Delimiter maybe? I don't even know if they exist.

because you refused to know you're not eligible for a transfer :-P

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Mh... well. gonna check what delimiter has to say about transferring it to another account first.

@Falzo said:
    I assume this is on the $200 yearly term? I might be interested... ;-)

Yeah that's correct :) I'm sure it's paid for this year, maybe a while longer even. It's registered on our company account so will check tomorrow.

• @Falzo said:

daily said: I'll take it for $25.

daily said: I think I'm making this up but some place named Delimiter maybe? I don't even know if they exist.

because you refused to know you're not eligible for a transfer :-P

You think that bridge is burned yet?

• @daily said:

yeah, I'd guess your chances are very much... delimiterd.

Thanked by 1daily
  • @Falzo said:

@daily said:

yeah, I'd guess your chances are very much... delimiterd.

I'll take the chances haha. If you can transfer it, PM.

• Just got word. They won't or can't transfer to a different account. They're probably just not into it as every other host (not counting kimsufi) I've dealt with could do it.