Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supermicro question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Supermicro question

Got some old X8SIE boards laying about now they support i3s but has anyone tried running say a i7 860 in them?

Could always try but save yourself the money as i don't have any i7s or i5s in that socket

Comments

• They can run 860 tried myself.

However 980 had some issues .

Well that would be me a year back. Now using E3's and E5's as you can get custom chassis for like 200-300, MB+CPU : 300 (rly) and rest in as usual drama.

Now a days, power is a huge factor too. Bandwidth is becoming cheap and power is rising like HELL.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

People will buy those boards from you if you list on them on eBay. Just a thought if you're looking to get rid of them.

• @jbiloh said:
    People will buy those boards from you if you list on them on eBay. Just a thought if you're looking to get rid of them.

Not a bad idea. I'm guessing you begun your X3460 clear out?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

OpticalSwoosh said: Not a bad idea. I'm guessing you begun your X3460 clear out?

Yes, we started selling the CPUs and motherboards about a year ago on eBay. They all sold easily and quickly.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

Do you have X8SIE-F?

IIRC these are ATX and take a stock CPU cooler in 2U+, might have use for a few.