Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how can i fix my domain change back to ip
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how can i fix my domain change back to ip

exp82exp82 Member

hi i need help how can i fix this when im browsing my domain name it will change back to my ip in the url bar. example: when i browsing http://domain.com its will change back to http://xxx.xxx.xxx ip format. never get this problem before and im using vestacp. please help thanks..

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited August 2016

Why would you want your domain to show your IP instead of domain name?

Easiest way would be Edit your Httpd config( assuming Apache being used?), replace domain with ip and then setup forwarding?

• Hi seriesn sorry my english is not so good what i mean i want browsing my site using my domain but i dont know why it will go to my ip address , can see at belisakan (dot) com and you see my problem, and im using vestacp and i don't see any setting problem at my control panel

• vestacp might use nginx as reverse proxy, depends on how it has been installed and configured. without knowing what has been setup in the control panel, everything is a wild guess.

sometimes when reconfiguring the config files are not rewritten correctly so maybe try and rewrite the vhost config by command line:

Rebuild vhost configs

>

for user in $(v-list-sys-users plain); do v-rebuild-web-domains $user; done

maybe this needs to be run from /usr/local/vesta/bin or something like that, depends on the user you are using and if the PATH is exported ...

• If you use vesta, you can also rebuilt all elements (dns, domains, dbs etc.) bu entering to the admin account and chose the user with the "rebuild" command

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @jvnadr said:

haha, thanks, I use vesta a lot but haven't taken notice of that before ;-)
    (used to use cli anyway)