Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hiding vps IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hiding vps IP

stasistasi Member

Hello LEB-ians,

I want to switch over from cloudflare.

I am not very professional with these stuff, started with a hobby but some sites are escalating.

I want to put a voxility protected vps infront of my unprotected vps (centos, nginx, mariadb, php). how is this called so I can search for some tutorials?

and how can I only allow access to the unprotected server just by the protected vps and mx home isp ip range? cfw?

much thanks, such appreciate, soo debian thx.

hope for some helpful posts and dont bug me because I am a rookie.

Comments

• GCatGCat Member

Reverse proxy, you could of took two seconds and found how. You're welcome, next time hit the search button.

Thanked by 1stasi
  • @GCat said:
    You're welcome, next time hit the search button.

Where can I find a guide on that?

• BuyVM has such a guide on their wiki

Thanked by 2stasi GCat
  • GCatGCat Member

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

You can find it by taking your right fist, and shoving it approximately 3.2 inches up your ass. if you scream the guide goes 4.7 inches deeper, please proceed into you read the guide.

• @GCat said:
    Reverse proxy, you could of took two seconds and found how. You're welcome, next time hit the search button.

I used google: hiding vps ip

and got mostly vpn tutorials and I dont want to destroy the running system. would be huge problem for me to fix all even with backups .. anyway thanks I will search with this keyword bud

• @GCat said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

You can find it by taking your right fist, and shoving it approximately 3.2 inches up your ass. if you scream the guide goes 4.7 inches deeper, please proceed into you read the guide.

Wow! It really works! Thanks!

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

I hate stupid fucktards like you who cant even setup nginx properly but joking and trolling everybody else who wants to learn sth or just ask for a hint and go on by himself

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/47178/nginx-and-php-issue#latest

• GCatGCat Member

@stasi said:

@GCat said:

I used google: hiding vps ip

and got mostly vpn tutorials and I dont want to destroy the running system. would be huge problem for me to fix all even with backups .. anyway thanks I will search with this keyword bud

Google "how to spoof my IP and be massive dd0sr" and "how to be black hat hecker"

• GCatGCat Member

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

You're welcome, glad that it worked!

• Reverse proxy or if you want something more secure from server<>server you could use OpenVPN and reverse proxy to the internal IP

• @stasi said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

I hate stupid fucktards like you who cant even setup nginx properly but joking and trolling everybody else who wants to learn sth or just ask for a hint and go on by himself

Okay, not everyone knows everything, everyone has to ask questions, that's fine. BUT, first you need to do your own work. 5 minutes with Google and then comes to LET will get you nothing. If you spent few hours on this and still have what you have now, well, nice Google-fu skills.

It's really simple if you know what you are doing, key terms "gre tunnel". If you don't know what that means, you shouldn't be doing this anyways. Just get a ddos protected VPS instead.

PS: A VPN would probably achieve the same, but it might require more config for the routing part, and might not be a very stable connection.

And don't call others fucktards, this is a forum, people say whatever they want and they help whoever they want. By calling others fucktards won't help you in any way.

• "sth" isn't a word, by the way.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @TheOnlyDK said:

@stasi said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

Okay, not everyone knows everything, everyone has to ask questions, that's fine. BUT, first you need to do your own work. 5 minutes with Google and then comes to LET will get you nothing. If you spent few hours on this and still have what you have now, well, nice Google-fu skills.

It's really simple if you know what you are doing, key terms "gre tunnel". If you don't know what that means, you shouldn't be doing this anyways. Just get a ddos protected VPS instead.

PS: A VPN would probably achieve the same, but it might require more config for the routing part, and might not be a very stable connection.

And don't call others fucktards, this is a forum, people say whatever they want and they help whoever they want. By calling others fucktards won't help you in any way.

yes, gre tunnel was the term, for which I was looking.

well he deserved it though.

thread can be closed to prevent some drama. thanks for the guys who helped me or wanted to help me.

• Get a DDoS Protected VPS, and install nginx, then use this guide.

https://www.nginx.com/resources/admin-guide/reverse-proxy/

Give it a try and get back to me, it should work :)

Thanked by 1stasi
  • IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited August 2016

@stasi said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

Sorry, where was I trolling you? I had just moved off shared hosting at that time and have since learned a lot.

@TheOnlyDK said:

@stasi said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

Yeah - I had tried for about 10 hours and was missing something very small that I kept overlooking. I'd deployed nginx and php-fpm a fair few times before this and had no issues. Dunno how I missed such a small detail but @rokok was my hero of the day.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @stasi said:

Welcome to the interwebz, one can be nice one day and be a dick another. People can fuck around, as long as it's legal. I'm pretty sure he was joking and you need to relax dude.

Thanked by 2IThinkUFailed stasi
  • GCatGCat Member
    edited August 2016

@stasi said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@stasi said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

thread can be closed to prevent some drama. thanks for the guys who helped me or wanted to help me.

Okay God, sorry that @IThinkUFailed offended your pathetic ass. Please apply ice to all burned areas. We all have issues sometimes, heck a few weeks ago I had an issue with php and was about to post here for help until I figured it out, humans make mistakes, you're just a little bastard who needs to grow up. Drop the god-like ego, and return to lowendtalk when your age exceeds 13.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

@stasi said:

Welcome to the interwebz, one can be nice one day and be a dick another. People can fuck around, as long as it's legal. I'm pretty sure he was joking and you need to relax dude.

I am getting a bit too fast aggressive, true. should work on that, too.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @GCat said:

@stasi said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@stasi said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

Okay God, sorry that @IThinkUFailed offended your pathetic ass. Please apply ice to all burned areas. We all have issues sometimes, heck a few weeks ago I had an issue with php and was about to post here for help until I figured it out, humans make mistakes, you're just a little bastard who needs to grow up. Drop the god-like ego, and return to lowendtalk when your age exceeds 13.

said the fucktard.

and this bastard is a provider.

• GCatGCat Member

@stasi said:

@GCat said:

@stasi said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@stasi said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@GCat said:

said the fucktard.

and this bastard is a provider.

Please return to lowendtalk when your age exceeds 13, we're referring to both mental and physical age here.

Yes, you can state the obvious, now did you read my signature? Or do we need to get @Nekki to give you a spanking?

• @stasi As you've taken the joke the wrong way I'll apologize for offending you but it wasn't my intention.

On the plus side I've really learnt a lot from this forum and some of the cool things people have done. Since that post I made a small CDN for a little project a friend runs that serves as the download source for content within his game. That was a fun project and simpler than I thought. The best places to look for tutorials would be Linode and Digital Ocean as they're aimed towards users of all skill levels. Unsure about BuyVM as I've never been a customer or needed any tutorials that Digital Ocean or Linode hasn't got ;)

Thanked by 2GCat stasi
  • @GCat

cant see signatures on mobile you little bastard.

• GCatGCat Member

@stasi said:
    @GCat

Try to google how to make it so you can see that -- oh wait, I forgot, you forgot how to use the search button! Sorry about that, use Siri and go "How do I enable viewing signatures on mobile with Vanilla Forums"

Spoiler alert: It's in the settings page!

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    @stasi As you've taken the joke the wrong way I'll apologize for offending you but it wasn't my intention.

On the plus side I've really learnt a lot from this forum and some of the cool things people have done. Since that post I made a small CDN for a little project a friend runs that serves as the download source for content within his game. That was a fun project and simpler than I thought. The best places to look for tutorials would be Linode and Digital Ocean as they're aimed towards users of all skill levels. Unsure about BuyVM as I've never been a customer or needed any tutorials that Digital Ocean or Linode hasn't got ;)

yea my bad, found a great tutorial on buyvm wiki.. thanks to doughmanes.

sorry for being to harsh.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @GCat said:

@stasi said:
    @GCat

Try to google how to make it so you can see that -- oh wait, I forgot, you forgot how to use the search button! Sorry about that, use Siri and go "How do I enable viewing signatures on mobile with Vanilla Forums"

didnt you have enough attention today?

• GCatGCat Member

@stasi said:

@GCat said:

@stasi said:
    @GCat

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+i+enable+signatures+on+vanilla+forums

That might help your search

• @GCat said:

@stasi said:

@GCat said:

@stasi said:
    @GCat

yes, breast milk as a baby is really important.

• GCatGCat Member

@stasi said:

@GCat said:

@stasi said:

@GCat said:

@stasi said:
    @GCat

yes, breast milk as a baby is really important.

The mirror called, they want their joke back

This discussion has been closed.