Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaseweb Germany VPS vs. Netcup VPS - Which one to choose?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Leaseweb Germany VPS vs. Netcup VPS - Which one to choose?

AmitzAmitz Member
edited August 2016 in Help

Hi all,

I plan to either get a VPS at Leaseweb Germany (got one in NL already, doing great) or a comparable plan at Netcup.de (one of those with the dedicated cores).

Now I wonder:
Anybody here with services at either (or both) that could give me some real-life comparison? Network, Hardware, general vibes...

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Amitz
Poll not found

Comments

Thanked by 1paily
    • 404?

• probably depends on your use case after all.

that 15 minute 80MBit/s clause at netcup may not match your needs... but if this would be no problem I'd vote for them, as I had a very good impression at the first contact with their sales and support.

only tested a few things though, but performance was really decent, you get a lot of ressources for the money.

• @Amitz said: 404?

Poll not found ;)

• AmitzAmitz Member
      edited August 2016

Falzo said: that 15 minute 80MBit/s clause at netcup may not match your needs...

Oh, thank you very much for pointing this out! I did not see that. This might be a show stopper. Just think about daily updates taking more than 30mins a day. Mmmh.

Ishaq said: Poll not found ;)

Probably clusterfuck. I can see it here... ;-)

Anybody with Leaseweb Germany here? Is the network (and rest) as good as in NL?

• Amitz said: Probably clusterfuck. I can see it here... ;-)

Of course.

Amitz said: Anybody with Leaseweb Germany here? Is the network (and rest) as good as in NL?

I've been with LeaseWeb for over 4 years in NL, and their reliability and service is excellent. Based on their standards, I think DE would be just as good :)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited August 2016

Have been with netcup for nearly half a year and was always very happy with them :) Dont have service there anymore as I didn't need it anymore but performed great^^

• Ha! Now I have a 404 here, too... One has to love the cluster.

My experience with their NL location is also great. I just hoped that somebody could confirm that Germany in on par.

• @Ympker said:
      Have been with netflix for nearly half a year and was always very happy with them :) Dont have service there anymore as I didn't need it anymore but performed great^^

wat

• Let's blame the cluster again?

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
    • @ALinuxNinja said:

@Ympker said:
      Have been with netflix for nearly half a year and was always very happy with them :) Dont have service there anymore as I didn't need it anymore but performed great^^

wat

Lol pulling an all nighter watching flix and dont sleep during the day sure left me in zombie mode haha :D *netcup

I better install debian now and go sleep thx

• Oh, another plus with LeaseWeb is true HA. If the hostnode goes down your virtual instance gets rebooted elsewhere as they use SAN for storage. Very efficient.

Maybe this an incentive? What do you like about Netcup?

Thanked by 2Amitz vpsGOD
    • AmitzAmitz Member
      edited August 2016

They advertise them as SSD in the meanwhile, no longer as SAN. No idea whether that means a change HA wise. Concerning Netcup: The reviews seem good an a bit of extra ressources is always welcome. That's all on the 'plus side' for the moment.

• The more I think about it, the less will netcup's bandwidth limitation clause work for me. Smells like Leaseweb. Thanks again @Falzo for pointing that out!

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep
      edited August 2016

LeaseWeb uses NetApp All Flash FAS Storage for all of their current virtual/cloud products

https://www.netapp.com/us/products/storage-systems/all-flash-fas/

Thanked by 2Amitz vimalware
    • @Ishaq said:
      Oh, another plus with LeaseWeb is true HA. If the hostnode goes down your virtual instance gets rebooted elsewhere as they use SAN for storage. Very efficient.

Maybe this an incentive? What do you like about Netcup?

Netcup offers lots of resources for a cheap price without lacking in performance. If you know what you are doing they are a great solution to save some bucks yet launch your project on stable servers. Downside: The few times I contacted the support they replied quickly but never would go out of their way to help ya with non hw problems. I know that's what an "unmanaged" service is like but there are hosts that although not obliged to will try to help you out with your problems/concerns. That being said their replies have always been on point and helpful.

• @Falzo said:
      probably depends on your use case after all.

that 15 minute 80MBit/s clause at netcup may not match your needs... but if this would be no problem I'd vote for them, as I had a very good impression at the first contact with their sales and support.

only tested a few things though, but performance was really decent, you get a lot of ressources for the money.

checked. It's 80Mb/s, just 10MB/s.

• I am happy with netcup. Got 120 day uptime for now. No downtime. Performance is great. Usually i got 1-3TB bw / month. Once got abuse problem but we solved it. Their support are great.

The new generation price is very high i think. If you want to know anything about it.. just ask :)

@amitz

Thanked by 2Amitz Ympker
    • @ZweiTiger said:
      I am happy with netcup. Got 120 day uptime for now. No downtime. Performance is great. Usually i got 1-3TB bw / month. Once got abuse problem but we solved it. Their support are great.

The new generation price is very high i think. If you want to know anything about it.. just ask :)

@amitz

Yea, the new gen prices rly are a shame :/ Old gen was so good^^