Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedicated server Required
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedicated server Required

What is your recommendation for dedicated server
i am willing to have like
48GB RAM
A Decent processor prefer E5
1TB HDD or 240GB SSD
100Mbps uplink unmetered or 1Gpbs with 10TB bandwidth
my budget is around $60/mo

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Right. An E5, with 48 GB DDR3 ECC, 100Mbps unmetered... For $60.

I don't think you'll find any half-decent provider for this specs and money.

• DaTaDaTa Member

i said decent processor prefer E5 but i am not stuck to it

• mycosysmycosys Member
    edited August 2016

i would likely check out the hetzner auctions. 1Gbit unlimited but no DDOS protection to speak of if thats of concernbtw there are already heaps of threads with this sort of info - you would be better off searching as you will get more info.

Would also depend upon where you are (or more importantly where the people it is serving are) and how your usage fits their expectations.

(edit - just had a look - theres an i7-3930 2x3TB SATA 64GB DDR3 going for ~44.50eu/$50.50US, E3-1271V3 2x480G SSD 32G the same, a number going up from there)

Thanked by 1perryoo11
  • Wholesale Internet had some E5's IIRC, you may want to increase your budget for a E5.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@DaTa if KVM VPS is ok for you, I can do 8 vCores, 48GB RAM, 960GB HDD, 250Mbps unmetered, /29 subnet for $48/mo

• DaTaDaTa Member

@mycosys don't like hetzner as there solution is not 100% compatible with ESXI

• DaTaDaTa Member

@quadhost as i said E5 is preferred but not mandatory

• DaTaDaTa Member

@exception0x876 sorry but this is needed for some lab virtualisation so double virtualisation will not work good

• @DaTa said:
    @mycosys don't like hetzner as there solution is not 100% compatible with ESXI

That appears to not be entirely true, though was https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/VMware_ESXi/en

• DaTaDaTa Member
    edited August 2016

@mycosys for example you can't do VXLAN on ESXI at hetzner due to there network setup other features also so they are out of discussion :)

• PMed you, awaiting for your response.

• I might have some options that would work for you.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

@DaTa

I can set up a custom order for you with the below specs. A little more than what your budget is.

Dual Intel E5-2650v1
    48GB RAM
    1TB SATA ll HDD
    1gbps Port Speed
    10,000GB Outbound

Price for 195 a month

or I could do

Intel E3-1230v2
    48GB RAM
    1TB SSD
    1 gbps Port Speed
    10,000GB Outbound

Price for 125 a month.

• seaeagleseaeagle Member
    edited August 2016

slow processor but dual l5520 with 32GB ram 5ips on HP server (esxi compliant) https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/&step=3 $57/month

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@CenTexHosting said:
    @DaTa

I can set up a custom order for you with the below specs. A little more than what your budget is.

Intel E3-1230v2
    48GB RAM
    1TB SSD
    1 gbps Port Speed
    10,000GB Outbound

Price for 125 a month.

E3v2 with 48GB RAM?

Thanked by 2quadhost bacloud
  • quadhostquadhost Member
    edited August 2016

DaTa said: my budget is around $60/mo

CenTexHosting said: Price for 195 a month

At least try and keep it in the same ballpark...

leapswitch said: E3v2 with 48GB RAM?

That copy-paste gremlin appears to have returned!

• mycosys said: That appears to not be entirely true, though was https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/VMware_ESXi/en

If you run ESXi on a Realtek nic you will have a very, very, very bad time. Idiotic idea.

Most Hetzner servers are Realtek based.

• euserv

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Your budget for E5 and 48GB RAM is a joke...

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@DaTa Check out QuickPacket's Dual Xeon L5640 special (link in my signature).