Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does your home internet support IPv6? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does your home internet support IPv6?

Comments

• I am on Vodafone (Ex KabelDeutschland) here with native ipv6 support.

• I've had a native /48 from Andrews & Arnold several years now. I reckon they're the best ISP in the UK.

• nepsneps Member

No IPv6 here yet.

• 1&1 vdsl, native ipv6

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR
    edited August 2016

My provider supports native IPv6, but if enabled they will only provider CGN IPv4 (DS-LITE). I decided to stay with native IPv4 and for IPv6 i'm using an own ASN & PI /48 at home with BGP tunnels to my 2 core locations (Zurich / Frankfurt). Much better than CGN.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

BT Fibre: No

• CFarenceCFarence Member
    edited August 2016

Verizon LTE - Yes

Verizon Fios - No (Some areas yes, just not mine)

• joereidjoereid Member
    edited August 2016

Verizon LTE: yes

Time Warner Cable (Roadrunner): yes /64

Upstate NY

• Mine's not yet, but most of the companies here in Greece already have ipv6 as default since 2015. I live in an island and the (smaller) company I have as an isp does not yet offer it in the island.
    But the overall country coverage must be over 60-70%

• @theroyalstudent said:
    Singtel SG, 6to4 connectivity is available if you can find the admin login and enable it yourself

Not on the crappy Aztech routers they sell, correct?

• abatabat Member

Aquiss in the UK, yes ipv6 for quite a long time now.

• No, BT don't do IPv6.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • edited August 2016

@JarylW said:

@theroyalstudent said:
    Singtel SG, 6to4 connectivity is available if you can find the admin login and enable it yourself

Not on the crappy Aztech routers they sell, correct?

...yes lol, I got it enabled on the 7003. Shitty ac range, but bo bian need use this router because need IPTV lol

• Nope

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

yes, MTS india

myip.md.png

Thanked by 1elgs
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Yes - Sky UK

• No, since Spectrum bought out TWC they stopped supporting IPv6.

• WalrusBug said: Just curious, What sort of allocation do you get for your home network? /48? /56? ... /64?

We get a /64 on the link and a /64 behind it, our DSL ISP is running a default config from the former state telco (which now assigns a /56 on fiber and a /64 on DSL).

It's ... 50:50 - The line (~15/3Mbit) only costs 25EUR and includes 8 static IPv4 and a 9999 number block with VOIP gateway and some minutes, so the actually working IPv6 is a bonus already.

We don't use it in production/office as without a second link the central router cannot switch to a redundant link in case of failure (and a tunnel is complicated on the setup).

Thanked by 1Basil
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

@iRepko said:
    No, since Spectrum bought out TWC they stopped supporting IPv6.

lol. I'm using Spectrum and they've been neglecting it for ages. I send them a request about IPv6 updates probably once ever 6 months and it's always "no time frame, we're working on it, sorry". Annoys me, but what can I do. Not too big of a deal I guess.

• SmirSmir Member

yes

• @MikeA said:

@iRepko said:
    No, since Spectrum bought out TWC they stopped supporting IPv6.

lol. I'm using Spectrum and they've been neglecting it for ages. I send them a request about IPv6 updates probably once ever 6 months and it's always "no time frame, we're working on it, sorry". Annoys me, but what can I do. Not too big of a deal I guess.

I don't understand why they would've stopped supporting it. One day I had it, the next I didn't. Confuses me on why they would've just 100% stopped supporting it. I don't know/don't care too much. The infrastructure is there for it, they just don't care to use it.

• Nope, WideOpenWest Internet (Cox reseller AFAIK), doesn't have IPv6 and their routers block HE's tunnelbroker too :(

• emgemg Veteran

IPv6 has been working out of the box since I signed up for Time Warner Cable two years ago, for my home in California. Our home router gets a /64 from them. Our Time Warner Cable internet service is based on the old RoadRunner infrastructure. The upstream intermediate routers still have "rr.com" FQDNs. Time Warner Cable will soon become Spectrum for us.

Prior to that, I had AT&T DSL for many years. Somewhere around 2012, AT&T claimed to support IPv6 on my home account. I bought an AT&T-approved IPv6-compatible DSL modem, but could never get IPv6 to work with the router or even with a Macintosh computer connected directly to the modem. Based on my experience, I believe that AT&T never got IPv6 fully operational in my area during the time that I used them. In my opinion, AT&T was lying about it to hide their actual state of IPv6 readiness.

Off topic: When AT&T decided to implement a 150 gigabyte per month data cap on my account (with high overage fees), I left. The data cap was a disaster, by the way. Their website could not show current usage. It showed data usage from 3-4 days in the past or older, which made rationing usage harder at the end of each monthly period, because you did not really know how much you had left before exceeding the cap. Furthermore, their data usage accounting was inaccurate, in their favor of course. I measured it myself. I doubt that things have gotten better since I left.

The AT&T LTE cellular network near my home does not appear to support IPv6. My phone can use IPv6 from the WiFi network in our home, but not when it is connected to the cellular network.

• No, it would be nice to see Virgin get it rolled out.

• VitaVita Member

In Serbia still no IPv6 for home users. I see that ISPs have allocated IPv6 but I guess It's still experimental.

• VitaVita Member

In Serbia still no IPv6 for home users. I see that ISPs have allocated IPv6 but I guess It's still experimental.

• 6to4 without VPN, and natively yes with VPN to my bouncer.

• Bell hasn't taken IPv6 in consideration for a while :p

Only Bell business customers get IPv6, which is unfair, imo

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

VDSL with two different German ISPs, none of them is offering native IPv6.

"As long as we are able to serve you with a public (dynamic) IPv4 address, we do not see any reason to deploy IPv6". :(

Unfortunately those German ISPs offering native IPv6 only assign dynamic/changing IPv6 prefixes. I want a static prefix for my (network) gear. So far two 6in4 BGP tunnels provide my connection to the IPv6 world. :)