Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Control Panel v/s SSH management
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Control Panel v/s SSH management

WerulzWerulz Member
edited March 2013 in General

Do you like to install control panels like Cpanel , Plesk, Zpanel and others to manage your vps/dedicated?
Personally i prefer setting my server purely by ssh with no control panels.
Reasons:Better control & the joy to learn new things and how stuffs work
What is your pick?

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

No, because control panels are harder to use.

• wdqwdq Member

For my personal use I always opt for SSH. But for clients I will install control panels.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

You can use Ajenti

• @Werulz SSH.

Offtopic: nano for coding. :)

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Really depends on what the VM/Dedi is being used for. If it's a VZ master, SSH only, as I do all my monitoring off-site. For web hosting, cPanel obviously is much easier, as clients need a panel to work with for shared hosting.

• Puppet. Yes, the awesome tool.

• sometimes i use ssh when i've used low end. sometimes i use zpanel for managing.

• @seriesn said: Puppet. Yes, the awesome tool.

You mean this one? https://puppetlabs.com/puppet/what-is-puppet/

• Yes.

• @seriesn said: Puppet. Yes, the awesome tool.

I <3 Puppet but SSH will always be #1

• @TommehM said: I <3 Puppet but SSH will always be #1

SSH is awesome and is what I use originally. But when you have too much food on table, it is not the only solution :)

• All of the servers I have ever setup (with the exception of my vps nodes) have at minimum webmin installed. its not the best but it does allow me to do what i need for my php development. Don't get me wrong i am a Command line junky and have like 5 putty windows open almost constantly but the GUI is more a seldom used luxury.

• jhjh Member

If it's just me I don't bother with a CP but if other people need access for whatever reason then it becomes easier to use a CP.

• pure ssh...

• @jhadley said: If it's just me I don't bother with a CP but if other people need access for whatever reason then it becomes easier to use a CP.

+1.

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited March 2013

SSH, and:

@Janevski said: Offtopic: nano for coding. :)

No, it's Vim