Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something about Aruba, idk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Something about Aruba, idk

td100g2td100g2 Member
edited August 2016 in Providers

ArubaCloud scammed me. I bought one of their VPSs and they were supposed to send me an SMS with the root password - never did.

I contacted the support, they pretty much told me to fuck off.

Then I found out that my debit card was suspended. I suspect they tried to maliciously withdraw money from it.

Comments

• I never heard of any real company sending root passwords via SMS.

• proof?

i never heard of arubacloud is sending password through sms.

• Yeah, the deal was too good to be real but everyone gave it a great review... probably bots

• Yes I still have the email they sent me. It says:

Dear Georgi Georgiev,

we have received your password reset request for your following Aruba Cloud account AWI-59949.
    If you’ve already provided your mobile number, you should have received a message with your Password.
    We remain at your disposal for any further information and wish you the best experience with our Cloud products and services.

Thank you for choosing Aruba Cloud.
    Kind regards,
    Aruba Cloud Team.

• VbroVbro Member

It's not root password. As I remember it's Arubacloud CP login password. Anyway I never had any trouble with them.

• And this is the receipt:

• Your order has been accepted.

Please retain this receipt for your records.

This e-mail confirms your order placed with Aruba.

Payment data

Beneficiary : Aruba
    Address : 92-98 boulevard Victor Hugo

FR-92115 Clichy Cedex
    Website address : http://www.arubacloud.fr
    Phone number : 0810 710 300
    E-mail address : [email protected]
    General conditions : http://www.arubacloud.fr/entreprise/conditions-generales.aspx

Order date : 04/08/2016 16:45:06
    Order reference : 46183_636059187054687258
    Ogone Payment reference : 3127103476

Total : 1.20 EUR

Charging method : MasterCard XXXXXXXXXXXX2736
    Sub-brand : UNDEFINED

Authorisation code : 995823

• Notice

This email was generated automatically. A direct reply to this email will not be processed.
    Print or save this e-mail for further reference.
    The payment is processed by Ogone.
    Ogone guarantees that your financial data are processed according to the highest security standards.
    Should you have any queries about the order, please contact Aruba directly.

• then send them a ticket about this.
    and if they dont lisen then try to get a refund.

easy as that.

• How can I get a refund when my card got suspended cuz of them lmao

• And it must be them. I had more than enough money in the card. I've bought VPSs from foreign countries before. This only happened with Aruba

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited August 2016

Listen, noone builds a huge company with the idea of scamming you with 1.2 EUR. If it were millions of Euros we were talking about, i can understand if they want to scam you and take your millions. But not for 1.2 EUR.

• Even if it was not intentional, this is the worst user experience I've ever had.

• MadMad Member
    edited August 2016

@td100g2 said:
    How can I get a refund when my card got suspended cuz of them lmao

Do you really think that such company cares about "scamming" 1.20 EUR? Really?

@td100g2 said:
    they were supposed to send me an SMS with the root password - never did.

The credentials are usually sent via email.

It's clear that it's not a provider related issue here.

• @td100g2 said:
    And this is the receipt:

• Your order has been accepted.

Please retain this receipt for your records.

This e-mail confirms your order placed with Aruba.

Payment data

Beneficiary : Aruba
    Address : 92-98 boulevard Victor Hugo

FR-92115 Clichy Cedex
    Website address : http://www.arubacloud.fr
    Phone number : 0810 710 300
    E-mail address : [email protected]
    General conditions : http://www.arubacloud.fr/entreprise/conditions-generales.aspx

Order date : 04/08/2016 16:45:06
    Order reference : 46183_636059187054687258
    Ogone Payment reference : 3127103476

Total : 1.20 EUR

Charging method : MasterCard XXXXXXXXXXXX2736
    Sub-brand : UNDEFINED

Authorisation code : 995823

• Notice

This email was generated automatically. A direct reply to this email will not be processed.
    Print or save this e-mail for further reference.
    The payment is processed by Ogone.
    Ogone guarantees that your financial data are processed according to the highest security standards.
    Should you have any queries about the order, please contact Aruba directly.

No problems here. Yesterday I have ordered one 1 EUR vps without any problems.

• @td100g2 for that I understand you must top up your account with 1EUR so you must acess your control panel for create a VPS with your 1EUR credit.

Sorry for my poor english.

• Yeah, except they said they'd send me the password for the CP via SMS.

I'm not about 1 euro, it's nothing but my card is "damaged" now.

• About your card talk with your bank. Only they know the reason for locking it.

• Alright, thanks for the conversation, should i now delete this topic ?

• just change the title but don't delete it

• Strange. I also did not received the cp password via sms. But i opened a ticket and they sent it via mail.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2016

very untrue story, as based on your story every shop and supermarket can suspend your payment card (in our story the hosting company)? How old are you?

• Doesn't matter

simonindia said: just change the title but don't delete it

agree, changed to #dramaqueen

• The card issue is likely a security measure on the card, I believe when I purchased with Arubacloud I did receive a e-mail/phone call from my credit card institution asking me if my purchase was valid because I don't usually purchase via credit card online services (usually use Paypal). However, this was resolved by simply confirming it was a valid charge.

As per the resetting of your password, if you set it right the first time and remembered it you wouldn't have to reset it and worry about receiving an SMS, now would you? It sounds like you setup your password to something you didn't remember, applied for a reset and their SMS system isn't compatible with the phone number you provided. You should try the reset again and then open a ticket informing them that there is an issue resetting your password and you are not receiving the SMS and ask if there is an alternative method to verify its your account.

I know when I first started with them I made the mistake of creating a 1$ vps and then destroying it and lost my $1.00 that I had put in, they were even kind enough to refund me that $1 even though I didn't really need it. So my experiences with their support seem to be the opposite of yours.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Meaning too young.

Thanked by 2chorong ViridWeb
  • Are you sure the maliciously tried to withdraw from your card? I've been with HSBC for about 15 years or so and still get my debit card blocked for monthly server transactions.

Damn they blocked it last week for a Godaddy renewal, I'm that used to it now I tend to ring them before they ring me. No matter how many times I tell them the transaction is safe they block the card.

As annoying it is for me to ring them and prove I am myself it's nice to know they're only looking out for you at the end of the day. On the other hand you could be like my other half, get your card details stolen and lose £650 from your account and have to wait a few weeks for it to be given back.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Not sure I fully understand, so what I gather is:

you signed up.

forgot your root password so tried a reset

you did not get an SMS

support told you to fuck off (I doubt it)

then your bank put a security hold on your card (which takes 10 minutes to remove)

Where is the scam or part of this that arubacloud are responsible for again?

• zezezeze Member

Aruba is a legit company. They don't need your 1 Euro.

edited August 2016

Gerrard8 said: I've been with HSBC for about 15 years or so and still get my debit card blocked for monthly server transactions.

According to OP story the Aruba is blocked his card, not bank, as they did "maliciously withdraw money" of 1.20 EUR.

AnthonySmith said: then your bank put a security hold on your card (which takes 10 minutes to remove)

when you underage or not owner of the card (only two reasons can be), it's very complicated to deal with bank, much easier to post some story on lowendtalk.com. #drama #dramaqueen

• maybe next time fill in your correct phone number including country prefix in a correct format to be able to receive sms.

and talk to your bank about that damn issue you have with that cc, guessing around will get you nowhere.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

WebProject said: when you underage

Oh I see.