Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mycustomhosting.net Domain expired
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mycustomhosting.net Domain expired

elixirelixir Member
edited August 2016 in Providers

@MCHPhil

Domain shows up as expired; admin panels are down and I'm guessing email won't go through either.

http://www.mycustomhosting.net/

I have an image but can't seem to attach it to this post.

Comments

• Summer ended?

Thanked by 1Lunar
  • Looking at his profile I'm going to say dead pool.

Sadly he was last active the 6th but last actual post was March the 5th and offer was November last year

• @WebGuru said:
    Summer ended?

He's one of the more reliable providers! Most probably currently still on summer vacation :)

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited August 2016

Thank you for the concern! Sorry for the trouble. Thought I had got this domain in the last round of renewals. Not deadpool. Just missed it. No excuse.

edit: I didn't get the best reception all the time here so I stopped posting offers. If there is a want I don't mind doing so. Just yeah. Don't want to cause any drama :)

Thanked by 2bersy Radi
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MCHPhil said:
    Thank you for the concern! Sorry for the trouble. Thought I had got this domain in the last round of renewals. Not deadpool. Just missed it. No excuse.

edit: I didn't get the best reception all the time here so I stopped posting offers. If there is a want I don't mind doing so. Just yeah. Don't want to cause any drama :)

Still not renewed tho?

• I have been a customer of MCH for years, in Montreal, good host.
    I can confirm that there are no current issues with my VPS.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • ATHKATHK Member

@MrGeneral said:

@MCHPhil said:

Still not renewed tho?

It's back up fyi.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Still parked..

• There were issues related with internet.bs. I made a few payments with one processor and got no where. I expect the domain to be renewed for 7 years after the charges I've seen today against my account lol. Again this shouldn't have happened.

Please restart or try google DNS for short time if there is trouble. Email is up. Tickets are flowing. Email if you have a problem or otherwise. There was no VPS downtime today. Panel was down, email and lots of other services that might rely on DNS. Will see about finding my credit script and issue a few days to everyone for the trouble.

• Eww stay away from internet.bs their support is trash.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • I think you may not be the first to say this. :) I can't agree more. Ultimately it was my fault, not internet.bs. I may/may not move all my domains.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2016

@MCHPhil

Go with NameSilo

• @MCHPhil I prefer Uniregistry they have been amazing so far. That's what I transferred to after dealing with internet bullshit.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2016

After all, it's internet.bullshit for a reason™

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @MCHPhil NameSilo FTW

And site loads now, but I use opendns and it wasn't earlier. Glad you didn't get domain sniped/squatted :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@pcfreak30 said:
    @MCHPhil NameSilo FTW

And site loads now, but I use opendns and it wasn't earlier. Glad you didn't get domain sniped/squatted :)

That's not really how lapsed domains work. You've got to leave your domain unclaimed for quite a while before anyone else can even try to pick it up.

• @Nekki said:

@pcfreak30 said:
    @MCHPhil NameSilo FTW

That's not really how lapsed domains work. You've got to leave your domain unclaimed for quite a while before anyone else can even try to pick it up.

Places like godaddy will put up on their auction if your not careful. Friend lost their domain that way.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@pcfreak30 said:

@Nekki said:

@pcfreak30 said:
    @MCHPhil NameSilo FTW

Places like godaddy will put up on their auction if your not careful. Friend lost their domain that way.

Which is why no-one with even the slightest sense uses GoDaddy.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • pcfreak30pcfreak30 Member
    edited August 2016

@Nekki said:

@pcfreak30 said:

@Nekki said:

@pcfreak30 said:
    @MCHPhil NameSilo FTW

My friends a noob with websites/hosting/servers etc. Had a few hour convo with him and hopefully the lesson stuck :).

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited August 2016

@Nekki said:

@pcfreak30 said:

@Nekki said: That's not really how lapsed domains work. You've got to leave your domain unclaimed for quite a while before anyone else can even try to pick it up.

Actually, most, if not all, major registrars have implemented this scheme: they place expired domains on auction just before redemption period starts. With Enom having been the precursor of the scheme, I believe. In theory such auctions are conditional, subject to current registrant's renewal. In practice, the domains disappear from the registrant's account to avoid any such last minute "complications" and registrar having to refund the auction winner (who will have paid a substantial premium on top of the domain renewal fee).

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited August 2016

Thank you all for the suggestions! My understanding is that even after a domain is "expired" there is a time period between able to be repurchased and not. There is also a waiting period for transferring newly registered domains or domains with recently updated whois information.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/expired-2013-05-03-en

@Nekki, I handle IT for small businesses locally also. It sucks how many of them use godaddy :( Even had one using godaddy for SSL.

• I was away from internet while a few of my domains expired 4/5 months ago (auto renew was off) and all those long boring domains that i don't need anymore are all available to register again now while one short interesting domain is still not released by GoDaddy :( i really wanted to use that domain for one of upcoming project but GoDaddy is acting like an evil daddy as usual!

Name.com also did same to one of my co.in domain and the guys out there have renewed it for the next year so no chance of getting it back.

I recently started moving all my domains from namecheap/name and godaddy to NameSilo. Those guys are offering far better prices free whois protection and no hidden charges or forcing to buy other products like GoDaddy do.

• WHTWHT Member

Just add some $500 as credit set the auto-renew on and you ate good :)

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited August 2016

@WHT said: Just add some $500 as credit set the auto-renew on and you ate good :)

Okay, interest rates are at an all time low and most banks are insolvent, but there are still many other options to park your capital, rather than with domain registrars ;)