Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live chat for WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Live chat for WHMCS

smansman Member
edited August 2016 in General

Anyone here using livechat or similar app for WHMCS? Is it worthwhile?

Is there a free alternative to livechat that gets the job done? $20 a month isn't much but it starts to add up paying WHMCS and Solus and now this.

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

+1
    We use it daily and works flawlessly.

• smansman Member

I see that WHMCS also has their own chat client that seems to be even more integrated and more reasonably priced.
    https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/34

Plus, it's FREE and AWESOME.

• MadMad Member

+1 for Tawk.to

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • smansman Member
    edited August 2016

@MrGeneral said:

+1

Thanks. Will check it out. Any possibility of integrating it with WHMCS? Basically want to be able to link up the customer with their account based on the email or name they give. Also want to keep some kind of history but I assume it does that.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@sman said:

@MrGeneral said:

+1

Thanks. Will check it out. Any possibility of integrating it with WHMCS. Basically want to be able to link up the customer with their account based on the email or name they give.

Dunno about that, I doubt though.

Give it a try and explore it, I bet you'll love it.

• tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to

• @sman said: Thanks. Will check it out. Any possibility of integrating it with WHMCS. Basically want to be able to link up the customer with their account based on the email or name they give.

There are plenty of modules available to display the chat option on your WHMCS install but not to integrate it with your database. You'd probably need something custom to do that.

• smansman Member

@gustavargas said:
    tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to tawk.to

Ok That's 2 recommendations.

Thanked by 1gustavargas
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

I am using zopim and find it flawless.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I'd recommend using Tawk.to over the paid WHMCS chat app. The only downside is that there's no integration for things like client profiles, but this isn't a big deal at all. If you want paid software LiveChatInc is the best there is.

• smansman Member
    edited August 2016

@MikeA said:
    I'd recommend using Tawk.to over the paid WHMCS chat app. The only downside is that there's no integration for things like client profiles, but this isn't a big deal at all. If you want paid software LiveChatInc is the best there is.

Thanks for the insight. I think I have a pretty good idea what is what now.

• Used tawk.to mobile app is amazing

• use livehelperchat I use it and it is great(I have to admit it is on par with whmcs paid chat app.) and yes it is free/open source as well.

• smansman Member
    edited August 2016

@timnboys said:
    use livehelperchat I use it and it is great(I have to admit it is on par with whmcs paid chat app.) and yes it is free/open source as well.

Hmm, that looks decent too. I was almost set on tawk.to but will have to check this out.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

Haven't used it: smooch.io

• I use https://www.drift.com/ =)

I'm using it as a full replacement to the crappy WHMCS ticketing system

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

We use tawk as well. its great

• @sman said:

@timnboys said:
    use livehelperchat I use it and it is great(I have to admit it is on par with whmcs paid chat app.) and yes it is free/open source as well.

Hmm, that looks decent too. I was almost set on tawk.to but will have to check this out.

glad you like livehelperchat as I do
    https://livehelperchat.com/
    they have a demo as well:
    https://livehelperchat.com/demo-12c.html

I actually prefer it over tawk

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

tawk.to looks lovely but...how do they make money?

• smansman Member
    edited August 2016

@raindog308 said:
    tawk.to looks lovely but...how do they make money?

They provide outsourced chat support for businesses. So you can hire them to respond to chat requests from your website.

• Tawk.to is awesome! I love them.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Another point goes to tawk.to. Have been using them for a while and not planing to change it.

• DeanDean Member

I was going to recommend Chatstack for you to look at (as it's just what WHMCS resell) - but i've seen the new pricing schemes.

Glad i've got a grandfathered account with them...