Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best for domain name server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the best for domain name server?

Hello, Can i know what are the best hardware requirements and best OS and what is the best software to use to secure and manage?

Comments

• No

• debian.thx

Thanked by 1Lahiru_M
  • WHTWHT Member

No no no no. No good hardware for domain. You can try v8 diesel but still not good for domain.

What the hell are you looking for?

Thanked by 1Lunar
  • i want to start a simple about 20-50 domains server. i search long time for answer in google but couldn't found any so that's why i asked what is the minimum requirements and software needed to have my own dns server

• thanx webguru can you please explain more

• @I_Maks_Web_Hosting said:
    thanx webguru can you please explain more

If you are happy with debian ...go for debian...

If okay with Ubuntu go with Ubuntu

Generally for beginners Ubuntu is easy to troubleshoot

And considering your question ...you need to hire a sysadmin

• JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited August 2016

Why don't you use a hosted solution such as cloudflare or the DNS service from Hurricane Electric? I've never noticed any downtime from either service.

• @JasperNL said:
    Why don't you use a hosted solution such as cloudflare or the DNS service from Hurricane Electric? I've never noticed any downtime from either service.

Maybe he wants to actually learn something?

• @jiggawattz said:

@JasperNL said:

No he doesn't.

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • @TheOnlyDK said:

@jiggawattz said:

@JasperNL said:

No he doesn't.

Yep looking for the provider tag lol

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

do a powerdns setup in a 512MB RAM vps

as suggested by @noaman follow it for OS

Thanked by 2Basil Lahiru_M
  • sorry if i asked it wrong actually i want to add some my own domains without domain registrar that's what i am talking about thank you every one who help me at least a word from your word thank you and VERY BIG THANKS TO WHO GOT ME FOR JOKING THANK YOU VERY MUCH