Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XP activation servers offline?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

XP activation servers offline?

MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

does anyone know if xp activation servers will ever come back online? I try for a couple of days and it doesnt connect.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten

Comments

• I don't know myself but really want to know, there is also no support anymore.

• XP is Legacy, just crack it.

• Have you tried phone activation or did they take that down?

• Zeast said: XP is Legacy, just crack it.

Sounds bad, but yea MS does not really want your money or license anymore for XP or even 2003. Just get the latest cracked which still is probably... 10 years old or so?

• Lot of memories attached with Beautiful XP my first ever tech love :(

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2016

Rob92 said: Have you tried phone activation or did they take that down?

They only work 9-18, the phone listed is wrong also, it doesnt even say so, just hangs up on you. I mostly sleep during those hours as I work at night when the feeling is right.
    I did manage the activation over telephone, but I do not understand this thing, the activation is automatic, you type some numbers and it returns some numbers automatically, yet they only work from 9 to 18? The robots must sleep, i presume...

Update: A representative said only phone activation will remain available, the online option has been removed for good.

Thanked by 2Francisco jvnadr
  • Maounique said: A representative said only phone activation will remain available, the online option has been removed for good.

They removed automatic installation at least a year ago, as of my experience. I tried to activate online a XP installation last summer and the servers were not working. So, I activated manually using their US phone...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Hum, maybe was a glitch, I activated online just a couple of months ago or less last time.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited August 2016

@Maounique said:
    Hum, maybe was a glitch, I activated online just a couple of months ago or less last time.

maybe it is just the power of LET lol