Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you make of this freevps.us bench.sh result?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you make of this freevps.us bench.sh result?

user123user123 Member
edited March 2013 in Help

I used the freevps.us bench.sh one of my VPS and it pauses appropriately between testing each server, but the results don't show...

Download speed from CacheFly: MB/s- Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: MB/s- Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: MB/s- Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: MB/s- Download speed from Linode, London, UK: MB/s- Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: MB/s- Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: MB/s- Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: MB/s- Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: MB/s- Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: MB/s-

Why does this happen?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

If memory serves that happened to me once and I fixed it by doing "sh bench.sh" or "bash bench.sh" rather than "./bench.sh" or something like that. I'm not an expert in bash scripting, simple as it may be.

• @jarland said: If memory serves that happened to me once and I fixed it by doing "sh bench.sh" or "bash bench.sh" rather than "./bench.sh" or something like that. I'm not an expert in bash scripting, simple as it may be.

I forgot to mention that it does return the system (CPU/RAM/etc) information and I/O speed correctly.

bash bench.sh and sh bench.sh give the same speed results (no speeds).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Interesting. Tried running one of the speed tests alone outside of the script?

• @jarland said: Interesting. Tried running one of the speed tests alone outside of the script?

I can wget the test files in the bash script and speedtest-cli works, but, speedtest-cli doesn't test against all those different locations.

• I always invoke it using bash bench.sh

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited March 2013

I believe it has nothing to do with how You invoke the script since it probably includes a proper shebang. It is executing, it's a problem within the execution, maybe it uses wget, and You don't have wget. Something, something, something, something or other.

Edit: I've read it more carefully and i noticed that You have installed wget, also i read the script, what about awk and gsub?

• @Janevski said: Edit: I've read it more carefully and i noticed that You have installed wget, also i read the script, what about awk and gsub?

Good points. I didn't think I had gsub installed and I couldn't find a way to install it, but I ran yum update and the bash script started working.

@Liam: Please close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.