Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud.net - A Global Marketplace of Clouds, now with API & many new features.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud.net - A Global Marketplace of Clouds, now with API & many new features.

OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
edited August 2016 in Offers

Hi Everyone,

Cloud.net is the destination when you are looking for Cloud and VPS servers. We provide price and performance comparison of geographically distributed providers, to assist you in finding the perfect match for your server requirements.

Our mission is to bring customers the first truly transparent marketplace for global cloud infrastructure, with independently verified data to help customers make an informed purchase of their Cloud and VPS needs, as well as global scale and reach.

Visit us and experience the new way to purchase cloud infrastructure. We have made it even easier to compare providers on Uptime, Price and Performance using our Cloud Index

Ever wanted to deploy a VM in one of the world's best datacenter? We have on our marketplace presence at Softlayer in Dallas; Genious in Montreal; NetDepot in NY, all with some of the best infrastructure you can find, the regular price starts at $3.78/month ($0.00562/h), amazing value for this type of provider, and with the coupon code below you can try it all for 90% off the first month.

LOWENDTALK90 - 90% Discount for 1 month

Cloud.net is a new marketplace of Clouds and VPS servers, with worldwide locations and more being added constantly.

Why use Cloud.net?

You get no single provider lock-in or penalty to change providers, a unified invoice, full transparency on how each cloud performs with our Cloud Index Score, price comparison, ability to deploy to many different regions and providers and manage it all from a single interface.

We accept both PayPal and Credit Cards, PAYG and Monthly billing available!

Coupons are set for your entire account, so any additional servers you add during the period you choose will automatically receive the same discount!

Please visit https://www.cloud.net to start your search for the best infrastructure to suit your specific needs - Coupons are redeemable through the billing section of your control panel account. They can be redeemed immediately after signup.

Thanks!

Comments

• jimaekjimaek Member
    edited August 2016
    • Ticketing system is broken. Its a complete mess, not getting answers or getting them twice, and then they dont appear in the web interface at all.
    • Half the times building a VPS fails and I need to wait for support to fix it
    • When ordering 512MB RAM VPS you actually get 484 or even less (355). "This is expected behaviour for that location to see less ram:(because of features enable) which will allow the server to be resized with out rebooting it. "
    • Public keys feature doesnt work at all
    • Cant re-install OS. Need to delete the VPS and create a new one going through the billing process.
    • Had to force their support to make Centos7.1 available on 512MB VPS, because it requires 1GB according to them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/te78xx265ffxqux/firefox_2016-08-11_12-41-39.png

I would advertise it as "in public Alpha" in terms of stability.

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • so much problem

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited August 2016

Thanks for the feedback, @jimaek.

• Let me look into this for you. I haven't been able to duplicate the issue immediately, but will spend the afternoon playing with this.
    • This should be fixed now, with the latest release.
    • Yes, I agree this is a problem - it's something I'm discussing with the team on how to address, as it is the proper functionality, but I understand how it may appear deceptive. This is an issue limited to just the Sao Paulo location and is due to the cloud configuration.
    • Will also work on this.
    • Rebuilding a system, and installing a new OS is a new function. Click the "rebuild server" button from the drop down.
    • Will look through your tickets and investigate.
  • Discounts have to be recurring

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited August 2016

@OpticalSwoosh said:
    Discounts have to be recurring

We do have a few other options for you, if you'd like.

LOWENDTALK50 - 50% off for 3 months

LOWENDTALK30 - 30% off for 6 months

• I like the whole idea, but out of the 40+ providers I am using cloud.net is the most broken right now. You really need to focus on fixing stuff to make it usable.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2016

Allowing this requires a bit of an inconsistency and I recognize that.

I realize this service is a bit unique and may not be able to say "Here's X resources for Y dollars, click here to order." With that in mind, I think it's important that we do not push away new ideas simply because we usually require direct order links to a clearly defined resource.

A problem is a WHMCS based provider with static pricing not linking to an order page directly is that they are not doing so because they cannot, but for other reasons. So to be clear, allowing this thread does NOT mean that we will not continue to require those things of others.

Now with that said, do any of these plans fit the LET price limit after the one month promotion?

• @jarland said:

Now with that said, do any of these plans fit the LET price limit after the one month promotion?

I tried to only highlight the locations that fit within LowEndTalk's requirements. The $3.78 is the standard price, before coupon - with the 90% off coupon it would be $.37 for the first month.

Thanked by 1jar
  • 50GB bandwidth/Month

• @qibinghua said:
    50GB bandwidth/Month

Thanks for the interest. Bandwidth does vary depending on the location - for example, our Dallas, Texas SoftLayer location gives 2 TB of bandwidth for $5 monthly.

• Signed up for this about two months ago, but wasn't impressed due to the lack of bandwidth on the packages. Another issue that I found was prior to creating my account, I could make custom packages (768MB of RAM/30GB disk) and it would scale the price based upon resources. When attempting to do this while logged in using the same provider/location it kept pushing me into the pre-defined plans. Honestly, it's a cool idea and I would probably use it, but at the moment it really needs some further refinement.

• @NickPerk said:
    Signed up for this about two months ago, but wasn't impressed due to the lack of bandwidth on the packages. Another issue that I found was prior to creating my account, I could make custom packages (768MB of RAM/30GB disk) and it would scale the price based upon resources. When attempting to do this while logged in using the same provider/location it kept pushing me into the pre-defined plans. Honestly, it's a cool idea and I would probably use it, but at the moment it really needs some further refinement.

Hi @NickPerk,

Thanks for the feedback. You'll be happy to know the ability to create custom plans is coming back. I expect we will have it deployed no later than Mid-October.

• LeeLee Veteran

Tried it once, others have relayed the issues I had, not production worthy, disappointing given who you are and what I would expect.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2016

@OnApp_Terry What is worse is ever since I did try it and gave feedback, you have felt the need to spam me on a regular basis while still not fixing the issues I had with the platform to begin with.

It seems there is a lot of you asking, "what is wrong" and when we answer nothing being done to fix any of it.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread:

jimaek said: I like the whole idea, but out of the 40+ providers I am using cloud.net is the most broken right now. You really need to focus on fixing stuff to make it usable.

This is how I pretty much feel about your platform as well when I have used it.

OnAPP it's self is pretty awesome and your support for the platform is pretty good, so it is beyond me why you guys can't put the same amount of effort into your cloud.net offering and bring us a truly awesome experience. Currently the Arubacloud 1 Euro VMWare VPS even beats you out in ease of deployment, while the interface remains 3 times as difficult to navigate, at least it works like you would expect it to.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    @OnApp_Terry What is worse is ever since I did try it and gave feedback, you have felt the need to spam me on a regular basis while still not fixing the issues I had with the platform to begin with.

It seems there is a lot of you asking, "what i wrong" and when we answer nothing been done to fix any of it.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread:

jimaek said: I like the whole idea, but out of the 40+ providers I am using cloud.net is the most broken right now. You really need to focus on fixing stuff to make it usable.

This is how I pretty much feel about your platform as well when I have used it.

OnAPP it's self is pretty awesome and your support for the platform is pretty good, so it is beyond me why you guys can't put the same amount of effort into your cloud.net offering and bring us a truly awesome experience. Currently the Arubacloud 1 Euro VMWare VPS even beats you out in ease of deployment, while the interface remains 3 times as difficult to navigate, at least it works like you would expect it to.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. The interface is scheduled for complete overhaul for release in mid-October. I'm very receptive to feedback - my inbox at [email protected] is open at all times to it. @jimaek actually pointed out a bug with the support desk that I was unaware of and had our team fix immediately.