Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Windows VPS VMware with 3D support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Windows VPS VMware with 3D support

Karl_SteinKarl_Stein Member
edited August 2016 in Requests

Hello!

I search Windows 7 VPS, VMware, min. 1.5GB RAM with 3D support. I want use it for BlueStacks (Clash of Clans) + Bot.

Comments

• Depends on what level of 3d support you need. IIRC, up to DX9.0 it can be software-emulated (Soft3d) and you do not need anything except VM with activated 3d-support. Just remember, it is emulated, so do not expect any stellar performance...

If you need more, the only way is vSGA/vDGA or pass-throug. I doubt any hoster does this, as it requires extra HW and empty pcie-slot. And based on my own experience, pass-through makes the whole esxi-host rather unstable...

• I think Soft3D will be enough. I tried KVM and XEN - not work. But in VMware Workstation (hardware 11) with enabled 3D - work ok.

• Do you have a location in mind?

• @Karl_Stein said:
    I think Soft3D will be enough. I tried KVM and XEN - not work. But in VMware Workstation (hardware 11) with enabled 3D - work ok.

VMware Workstation is different story! It is using host (workstation) graphic-card for acceleration of guest-gfx. Thus it is not software GFX.

But ESXi-host has usually just some very simple on-board 2d-GFX for console access, and is not used for GFX-acceleration in ESXi-VMs at all. Soft3D in ESXi-VM is pure software emulation. And it has about the same "performance" as GFX in KVM or XEN...

• I know - bluestacks work on esxi vm with enabled 3d (software 3D Renderer) and don't work on KVM and XEN.

• Never tried their service, but check this out http://ksolnet.com/ they specialize in coc botting.