Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec

t0mmyt0mmy Member
edited August 2016 in Reviews

I have one server there since jan 2016
its a Supermicro 5150 8GB 2x2TB Rent Only for 20$/month
for me much HDD space is important

Performance is not very good because of old hardware (e.g.DDR2 RAM) but price-performance ratio is very good imo

network speed is 1Gbit... getting about 50-70MB/s when transferring files.

at the moment im not that happy with the server:
about 1 month ago a HDD failed... they replaced it very fast, good support

i had to setup the whole server new
about 5 days ago the other HDD failed and had to be replaced too
again i had to setup the whole server new

now the part where im starting to get really unhappy:
i asked 4 days ago if i can have 1 more IP as compensation because then i can install VMware ESXI and make a backup of the VM to an other server and if the HDD fails its no problem to loose all data but saves me much time... just recover the VM and dont have to install the whole server new.

thats the answer i got 4 days ago:

Hello,

The Billing Department and your account manager return the next business day (M-F 8AM-5PM EST).

I'll move this ticket to the Sales Department and mark its status as Open so your account manager is aware.
We will work to provide you resolution for your issue and update you as soon as possible.

today im still waiting for the sales team to answer that simple question

btw they want 3$ for an IP... thats too much imo

i think if i dont get the IP for free i have to end the service and get an new server somewhere else

Comments

• edited August 2016

If you can't afford it, then don't ask for it. This is the first time I've seen someone being so thick-skinned and having no shame for asking another IP for "compensation".

@dacentec you here?

This is the kind of customer a provider wouldn't want.

That being said, if I'm the provider you would have ended up on FraudRecord for being annoying lol.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Everything costs in life, one way or the other.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • Oh beg somewhere else. $3 for an IP is more than acceptable. Hard drives fail, and you're hosting your data on a budget host. You're already getting one hell of a deal.

I don't think you're really warning anyone here about Dacentec, you're just hoping they read this so you get your free IP. I hope they remove your service.

• t0mmyt0mmy Member
    edited August 2016

oh i think you got me wrong... i know its a budget host, my data is not important its no problem to loose it... sure Hard drives can fail, problem is i dont want to setup the server again and again...

this should not be a thread to make dacentec bad... i think they are very good with the price-performance ratio as i said in my first post

im only a bit pissed that sales team dont answer me that simple question... sure i have to pay more when i get an other server somewhere else, but there i get better performance and more IPs (e.g. soyoustart with 16 IPs for free)

normal price for an IP is 1€ or maybe 1.5 $ but not 3

• @t0mmy said:
    oh i think you got me wrong... i know its a budget host, my data is not important its no problem to loose it... sure Hard drives can fail, problem is i dont want to setup the server again and again...

this should not be a thread to make dacentec bad... i think they are very good with the price-performance ratio as i said in my first post

im only a bit pissed that sales team dont answer me that simple question... sure i have to pay more when i get an other server somewhere else, but there i get better performance and more IPs (e.g. soyoustart with 16 IPs for free)

normal price for an IP is 1€ or maybe 1.5 $ but not 3

Why should they make it easier for you to move away?

• t0mmyt0mmy Member
    edited August 2016

@theroyalstudent said:
    Why should they make it easier for you to move away?

this month is payed... if they think they can wait 20 more days for the answer... i´m sure the know that i wont pay for next month if i get no answer...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@t0mmy You're a cunt mate, pure and simple. You've just come here to try and bully Dacentec. I hope they cancel your server, then mail you a box of faeces created after a Taco Bell binge.

Thanked by 2switsys Pwner
  • Also, just in case no one noticed, OP is a different user from our old-timer @tommy.

Hope it isn't a smear account.

• @vimalware said:
    Also, just in case no one noticed, OP is a different user from our old-timer @tommy.

Both are cunts, however.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @Nekki only cunt i see is you... wtf you talk that shit

if i want try bully dacentec i would for sure not say they have good price, fast support (for hardware) and very good price-performance ratio...

please stfu i never said dacentec is bad or anthing like that

• Disks fail. Tough shit move on with life. Setup RAID1 next time

Thanked by 1hawc
  • @t0mmy said:
    @Nekki only cunt i see is you... wtf you talk that shit

if i want try bully dacentec i would for sure not say they have good price, fast support (for hardware) and very good price-performance ratio...

You're bullying them so you get your free IP.

Anyway, why u no use ipv6? real men use ipv6.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I'm a bit confused, compensation for what? A failed hard drive? Are you saying they could keep their hard drive in exchange for an IP address? That doesn't make any sense. If your hard drive fails they replace it for free, that's the compensation. Additionally $23/month for a dedicated server with 2x2TB hard drives, 10TB of bandwidth on a 1Gbps port, 8GB of RAM, and Xeon CPUs is an amazing deal. Heck, I pay almost 4 times that for VPSs with a fraction of those resources.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2016

No free ip? Better leave! It's not like IPv4 adresses are on the verge of decline and their value has gone up or anything like that^^ But hey it's you who gets to decide what compensation to get anyway isn't it? Leaving the provider would be the best choice to spare them the trouble of dealing any further with you.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@t0mmy said:
    @Nekki only cunt i see is you... wtf you talk that shit

That's exactly what you'd do, because passive-aggressive it's the best way to be a prick whilst making it look like you're not a prick!

And seriously Captain Pissflaps, you can't respond to me calling you a cunt by....calling me a cunt - that's lazy and lacks any kind of finesse, you need to come up with something of your own and not just copy, you lackadaisical fart-gobbler.

Thanked by 3Lee Amitz doghouch
  • @OpticalSwoosh said:
    Disks fail. Tough shit move on with life. Setup RAID1 next time

Don't forget backups!

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

Don't forget backups!

The incompetence of this human leads me to believe we need to take it slowly.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @OpticalSwoosh said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

Don't forget backups!

The incompetence of this human leads me to believe we need to take it slowly.

....step one: turn on the computer.

• @theroyalstudent said:

my ISP does not support ipv6, means i cannot connect to ipv6

@KuJoe you words make sense, looks like im wrong about the compensation

@Nekki sorry im german my english sux

to be honest this thread was meant as good review... i think dacentec is very good in price... i was searching long time to find 2x2TB and Gbit for that low price

but im pissed they dont answer me anyway... if they dont want to give me the IP for free its ok... but just no answer is not ok

• @t0mmy said:

@theroyalstudent said:

my ISP does not support ipv6, means i cannot connect to ipv6

@KuJoe you words make sense, looks like im wrong about the compensation

@Nekki sorry im german my english sux

to be honest this thread was meant as good review... i think dacentec is very good in price... i was searching long time to find 2x2TB and Gbit for that low price

but im pissed they dont answer me anyway... if they dont want to give me the IP for free its ok... but just no answer is not ok

...you could have gotten yourself a nice little tunnel to IPv6 internet if you tried to do so and not come here to rant, actually...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@t0mmy said:

>

Yeah, alright....more like you got pwned by the LowEndMob.

• Nekki said: Yeah, alright....more like you got pwned by the LowEndMob.

indeed i really feel pwned but it looks like i was wrong

• you know what...give this guy a cookie

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • @PremiumN said:
    you know what...give this guy a cookie

:P

• MadMad Member

Every provider is free to set its own prices, I do not see anything wrong with it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

t0mmy said: btw they want 3$ for an IP... thats too much imo

They've been out of IP space for quite a while. At this point they need to make it last since they only have/had 30k~40k for their whole datacenter.

Remember they were also careless and did a bunch of $10/year VPS which burned up a bunch more.

Francisco

• @theroyalstudent said:

@vimalware said:
    Also, just in case no one noticed, OP is a different user from our old-timer @tommy.

Both are cunts, however.

Grow up kid.

• @theroyalstudent said:

@vimalware said:

Both are cunts, however.

Grow up kid.

• @tommy said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@vimalware said:

Both are cunts, however.

Grow up kid.
    @tommy said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@vimalware said:

Both are cunts, however.

Grow up kid.
    @tommy said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@vimalware said:

Both are cunts, however.

Grow up kid.

Don't abuse theroyalstudent. You will be LowEndMobbed

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: you lackadaisical fart-gobbler

My new favorite phrase.

Thanked by 1Nekki