Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Computing Business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Computing Business

gurugrvgurugrv Member
edited August 2016 in Requests

Hello everyone,
I have a client who wants to get it cloud computing business. They're basically inspired by Linode, DO, Vultr etc and want to start something like this to target a specific geographic location which is currently untapped.
Hourly billing, seamless upgrade/downgrade of plans/resources etc. Its just a whim and a little info is required on how its all done and whom to context to get this all done. What platforms are available on which you can setup the business. I've heard about Onapp and openstack but I need more information from the people who know more about it.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Translation: I'm too lazy and want you to do all my work for me.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • @jeromeza said:

Translation: This is called outsourcing.

• So you outsource the (your) job to the LET crowd?

• gurugrv said: Translation: This

is called outsourcing.

Spoiler Alert: He was talking about you.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul

No, it's not edited

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Openstack, cloudstack, those are probably what you're going to want to investigate. Alternatively if you wanted to build something on top of OpenVZ, OpenVZ is far easier to scale resources on the fly than KVM, simply because they're just made up constructs that can be adjusted without consequence.

• @Amitz said:

It isn't my job. I just wanted some general info. If it was my job, I would be qualified enough to answer all questions and wouldn't be posting here.
    I wrote here for help and insight from people who know about it better. Stop being a d*ck.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

gurugrv said: It isn't my job. I just wanted some general info. If it was my job, I would be qualified enough to answer all questions and wouldn't be posting here. I wrote here for help and insight from people who know about it better. Stop being a d*ck.

I'm confused, a client is asking you to do this, but it's not your job?

• @jarland said:

Thank you for the info. I guess the platform has to be identified first and then everything else has to be built upon it. Are there any 3rd party companies which might set it all up for a fee ? My question might be absurd, please ignore my lack of knowledge.

• @Nekki said:

Is it more important to find out whose job it is or to help someone out with any kind of useful info ?
    I did not write that my client asked me to find out stuff, it was a general discussion and I wanted some insight into the whole cloud computing thing. I hope this makes things clear.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

gurugrv said: Is it more important to find out whose job it is or to help someone out with any kind of useful info ?

It's more important that I find out if you're chatting shit or not.

• @gurugrv said:
    It isn't my job. I just wanted some general info. If it was my job, I would be qualified enough to answer all questions and wouldn't be posting here.
    I wrote here for help and insight from people who know about it better. Stop being a d*ck.

I did not try to be a dick. I just did not understand your 'outsourcing' comment. Stop being a dick just because I am stubborn and stupid.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

gurugrv said: Thank you for the info. I guess the platform has to be identified first and then everything else has to be built upon it. Are there any 3rd party companies which might set it all up for a fee ? My question might be absurd, please ignore my lack of knowledge.

Honestly, a really skilled system administrator that does contract work might be able to do that for you. Obviously, you want one with experience in one of those platforms. I can't tell you specifically where I would start looking for one, as I'm honestly not sure where I would.

Ideally, you should bring someone in on the partnership that can handle the tech side rather than just pay them to set up and go away. If you can't troubleshoot it when it breaks, you're screwed.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Nekki said:

Why are you concerned with so much shit and that too when its not yours ?
    I understand if you can't give me any productive answer but unnecessarily making things difficult for someone makes no sense.

• jhjh Member

This is more crowdsourcing than outsourcing. Maybe we can each host each others' sites in our basements and give this guy some $ for the privilege.

• @Amitz said:

I really cannot understand how "So you outsource the (your) job to the LET crowd?" means "I just did not understand your 'outsourcing' comment"

Either I am too stupid or you're too smart for me.

• @jarland said:

Thank you jarland, we need more guys like you here.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

gurugrv said: Why are you concerned with so much shit and that too when its not yours ? I understand if you can't give me any productive answer but unnecessarily making things difficult for someone makes no sense.

To be honest, I'm just fucking with you because you seem like a miserable cunt.

• @jh said:

Oh, you came up with something. Thanks mate.

Thanked by 1jh
  • gurugrvgurugrv Member
    edited August 2016

@Nekki said:

I totally understand that, guys like who don't have a life at all do things like these all the time. I wish the very best for you.

• @gurugrv said:

@Amitz said:

I really cannot understand how "So you outsource the (your) job to the LET crowd?" means "I just did not understand your 'outsourcing' comment"

Either I am too stupid or you're too smart for me.

Can we agree on the both of us being too smupid for each other?

• @Amitz said:

No mate, you're the smart guy. I mean you're the admin and I am just a small time member here who hunts for free knowledge and cheap shit.. haha. Cheers.

PS. I really hope someday LET will be a better place for the below average guys like me.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

gurugrv said: I totally understand that, guys like who don't have a life at all do things like these all the time. I wish the very best for you.

Yes, the fact I spent 5 minutes trolling you is a very clear indicator that I have no life.

• @Nekki said:

I hated most parts of the conversation but this was hilarious.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

gurugrv said: I hated most parts of the conversation but this was hilarious.

If you'd actually quoted the bit you thought was hilarious, that would have helped.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • @Nekki said:

Yes, the fact I spent 5 minutes trolling you is a very clear indicator that I have no life.

There you go mate.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

gurugrv said: There you go mate.

I'm not sure why you think it's hilarious. Deconstruct it for me, please.

• @Nekki said:

Why ?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

gurugrv said: Why ?

Because it's unclear (to me) as to why you'd find it hilarious.

• @Nekki said:

Its pretty simple.