Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Eoreality] VPS Offloading NY to Chicago NOW
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Eoreality] VPS Offloading NY to Chicago NOW

vladvlad Member
edited August 2016 in Providers

Got email from (from Matthew Nappo) these guys tonight eoreality.net :

"A change will be coming to your VPS (OpenVZ) based hosting in New York, in recent we have seen this extremely popular service remain popular in all location but New York and because of that we're going to be offloading the remaining customers to our Chicago location due to it being the closest to NYC..."

"... We will begin the migration in the coming days; and as early as tomorrow for some..."

I'm your happy customer for years in New York, but this news are actually sad.

My concern are:
Since when NY is not popular location and what's the sudden rush with migration?
Shyt I assume I'll loose IP and all it's rep too? **What else to expect?

Speed test Chicago / New York.

I was skeptic regarding Chicago, I already own one vps there too and contributed some network test to compare before deciding location, I done this for you, lowendtalkers.

Both locations speed results were 896Mbps stable, tested just now (wgeted from cachefly and own nyc dedi) ummm that's not 100mbps as advertised.. shhh! :) I can only suspect why they didn't changed site info.

One more important thing:
Kernels in NY and Chicago both are 2.6.32
syslog were not logging IP's on Jessie Debian x64 with this kernel vs. Wheezy, so can not upgrade distro any further.

Since I already have one Chicago server I'm considering to move out some where else anyway or request cancelation. Will wait to see new IP reputation first.

Comments