Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banning of using same paypal account for mutiple accounts in whmcs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Banning of using same paypal account for mutiple accounts in whmcs

support123support123 Member
edited March 2013 in General

I have noticed that some people register multiple account to get discounts and then pay by same paypal accounts.Is there a way to block these type of transactions in whmcs?

Comments

• JacobJacob Member

Nope.

• EvixoEvixo Member

Only way would be to manually review them (but you should do that anyway).

• marcmmarcm Member

@ftpit - Merge their accounts and apply discount to only one product.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Does Paypal allow multiple accounts to use the same mailing address? If not, you can require the shipping address be provided and it must match the address in WHMCS. If it does, then I'm out of ideas. :(

• Manual review.

I always check an orders name etc matches the details of the PayPal account. Otherwise your asking for stolen credit card payments etc.

• support123support123 Member
    edited March 2013

@GetKVM_Ash do you check manually for all orders ?

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2013

Yep, we don't do instant setup, it just asks for trouble. I'm not letting anybody onto our network unless their order has been manually verified for anything alarming.

There's nothing worse than an order getting provisioned automatically at the weekend and then locking the whole node up with loads of 100 etc (Speaking from a few past experiences).

• @GetKVM_Ash said: There's nothing worse than an order getting provisioned automatically at the weekend and then locking the whole node up with loads of 100 etc (Speaking from a few past experiences).

That's why you have someone work weekends ;)

• @Jono20201 said: That's why you have someone work weekends ;)

No, that's why you have someone work weekends. I run my business how i see fit and enjoy spending the weekend off the PC and with friends/family.

24/7 support is pointless for a self-managed brand, as long as sufficient monitoring is in place.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: 24/7 support is pointless for a self-managed brand, as long as sufficient monitoring is in place.

What if a support ticket comes in? E.g. if they ask, how do I re-install my OS?

• @concerto49 said: What if a support ticket comes in? E.g. if they ask, how do I re-install my OS?

If they don't know how to open SolusVM and find the reinstall button then they should have a managed VPS. We include plenty of info in the welcome email.

• @concerto49 said: What if a support ticket comes in? E.g. if they ask, how do I re-install my OS?

Answered by self-service Knowledge Base article: http://ipxkb.info/reinstalling-operating-system/

If they ignore this, then ask in support ticket anyway, they get linked back to the article. In effect, clients have wasted their own time by not reading the knowledge base.

• As Damian said. If your buying a self-managed VPS, im going to assume you can use a GUI with a button for everything.

If somebody needs me to do something for them, im happy to do so, but they will be redirected to our system administration rates page:

https://getkvm.com/client/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=25

• why you donot let buyr place order with multiple account if they can place more orders
    to get the smaediscounts

do you mentioned your deal discount only can be apply for one account once?

if yes you can Merge their accounts and apply discount to only one product.

• @ynzheng Discounts not small.I give upto 99% for the first order.I think I will have to change it.
    Thanks all of you for suggestions

• wow 99% off?

unbelieveable deal

• You will have to believe me ;)

• @ftpit said: You will have to believe me ;)

Please share that deals with me :D

• Use coupon "99promo" for all plans

• @ftpit said: Use coupon "99promo" for all plans

I'm disappointed, it doesn't work on dedicated servers :(

• @Bogdacutuu said: I'm disappointed, it doesn't work on dedicated servers :(

If only.. I would hate to see how many abuse reports you'd get with that.

• @Jono20201 haha dedicated servers never possible :)

• @ftpit said: @Jono20201 haha dedicated servers never possible :)

that's unfair, i vote kick, ban and ddos

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited March 2013

@GetKVM_Ash said: If somebody needs me to do something for them, im happy to do so, but they will be redirected to our system administration rates page:

https://getkvm.com/client/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=25

And in said page...

We will always asses the work before taking your payment

Really instills confidence to your customers. But hey, at least you aren't just half assing it. Hope whoever made the page didn't take payment yet. ;)

• @ftpit said: Use coupon "99promo" for all plans

Thanks, I was at collegue when you posted it and I had to go in that moment :D

• support123support123 Member
    edited March 2013

@Bogdacutuu said: that's unfair, i vote kick, ban and ddos

haha Do you want to see me bankrupt :) jk