Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$1/mo VPS needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$1/mo VPS needed

Hi guys! I need a $1 per month VPS. I am flexible on resources, the only thing I ask for is at least 500GB of BW (more preferred). I already know of Arubacloud but I am looking for another provider.

Comments

• Dacentec? It's $10/year.

• Can you pay yearly? If so we have $12/year available with DDoS mitigation, /64 IPv6 subnet, and free incoming bandwidth.

• fdcservers has 99 cent servers

• SpicyPepperSpicyPepper Member
    edited August 2016

@Saragoldfarb said:
    Dacentec? It's $10/year.

@Ishaq said:
    Can you pay yearly? If so we have $12/year available with DDoS mitigation, /64 IPv6 subnet, and free incoming bandwidth.

I prefer to pay monthly, however, I can pay bi-annually if needed.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@SpicyPepper said:

@Saragoldfarb said:
    Dacentec? It's $10/year.

@Ishaq said:
    Can you pay yearly? If so we have $12/year available with DDoS mitigation, /64 IPv6 subnet, and free incoming bandwidth.

Unless you're paying with Bitcoin this is almost useless for a host because of transaction fees of a $1.00 monthly payment.

Thanked by 2netomx vimalware
  • Do you have any location preference? We can do you something in Netherlands with 128 MB RAM at this price if you are interested.

• @Verelox said:
    Do you have any location preference? We can do you something in Netherlands with 128 MB RAM at this price if you are interested.

Anywhere in the western part of EU will be fine. So Netherlands is fine. Can you PM me the offer information?

• @MikeA said:

@SpicyPepper said:

@Saragoldfarb said:
    Dacentec? It's $10/year.

@Ishaq said:

Unless you're paying with Bitcoin this is almost useless for a host because of transaction fees of a $1.00 monthly payment.

They ONLY take "$0.30 + 2.9%"

$1/mo ==> ~$0.68 CAD (2.9% first, 30 cents taken off after)

This is why providers "love" and "adore" PayPal.

• @doghouch said: They ONLY take "$0.30 + 2.9%"

$1/mo ==> ~$0.68 CAD (2.9% first, 30 cents taken off after)

This is why providers "love" and "adore" PayPal.

3.4% to 1.9% (depending on volume) + $0.30 in the UK, plus any cross border fees and buyer's payment source (you have to pay more if they choose cards).

The reality is 6-8% + $0.30 in fees depending on buyer's country, and payment source.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/cross-border-and-conversion-fees#crossborder

If you mostly sell products under $10 it's probably cost effective to ring PayPal and apply for micropayments which is a higher percent but lower fixed fee. 5% + $0.05 in the UK if accepting USD.

Anything above that and micropayments is not worth it due to the higher percent fee.

• Oh and to add insult to injury they don't refund the entire fee if you refund a transaction, only part of it.

Good old PayPal.

Thanked by 3netomx doghouch EricB
  • If user willing to pay the paypal fee, it can be consider. else this consider high risk order

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2016

Time4VPS, OpenVZ.io (INIZ)

If dedicated IPv4 is not required, take a look at InceptionHosting NAT KVM VPS in NL, they also have OVZ ones in Europe. MyServerPlanet and WisHosting both have cheap OpenVZ NAT VPS lines with high/unmetered BW too.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

@SpicyPepper said:
    Hi guys! I need a $1 per month VPS. I am flexible on resources, the only thing I ask for is at least 500GB of BW (more preferred). I already know of Arubacloud but I am looking for another provider.

We offer 2.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 20 GB space and 0.5 TB bandwidth starting from 0.66 € per month. For 0.99 € you can get 2.4 GHz, 1 GB Ram, 40 GB space and 1 TB of bandwidth.

All our offers: https://www.time4vps.eu/pricing/

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Still looking...

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2016

@Ishaq said:
    Oh and to add insult to injury they don't refund the entire fee if you refund a transaction, only part of it.

Good old PayPal.

I hear you bud :/

As for the 6-8% thing, the PayPal account I was using as reference is from PayPal CA (advanced). It's about 3-4% + $0.30.

Btw, ASH1 was dying earlier...

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider

The people who sell songs/apps can't be paying 30% to process. I wonder how that happens or if a similar arrangement could be had for a VPS host.

If everyone had bitcoins it wouldn't be a problem.

• @miamiconsultant said:
    The people who sell songs/apps can't be paying 30% to process. I wonder how that happens or if a similar arrangement could be had for a VPS host.

If everyone had bitcoins it wouldn't be a problem.

Micropayments probably. 5% + $0.05

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

Ishaq said: Micropayments probably. 5% + $0.05

I have looked, and $0.20 for the card not present fee was the lowest I had found (beanstream).

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@SpicyPepper said:
    I already know of Arubacloud but I am looking for another provider.

Have you already tried ArubaCloud? For 1 EUR/month they provide pretty impressive reliable service. Their DE and UK datacenters now also support IPv6. IPv4 PTR records can now be self-managed. It is not your usual KVM with custom ISO support etc., but IMHO their VMWare virtualization is still way better than ordinary OVZ containers. And don't expect KVM at 1 EUR/month. Service can be cancelled monthly and you should be able to get a free trial credit from them which remains active if you later add funds to your account.

• @dfroe said:

@SpicyPepper said:
    I already know of Arubacloud but I am looking for another provider.

Have you already tried ArubaCloud? For 1 EUR/month they provide pretty impressive reliable service. Their DE and UK datacenters now also support IPv6. IPv4 PTR records can now be self-managed. It is not your usual KVM with custom ISO support etc., but IMHO their VMWare virtualization is still way better than ordinary OVZ containers. And don't expect KVM at 1 EUR/month. Service can be cancelled monthly and you should be able to get a free trial credit from them which remains active if you later add funds to your account.

I have tried Arubacloud but I have had issue(s) with it and I do not feel safe with using their services.

• I use 3 Arubacloud servers (at France Location) and have had absolutely zero problems whatsoever.

You do need to optimize your server for RAM usage... being only 1GB RAM available. thats about it!

• We have our 128MB plan for $5.94/year but only a few left! Send me a PM if you're interested.

Roilan

• SpicyPepperSpicyPepper Member
    edited August 2016

Still needed. Can pay yearly.

• imokimok Member

Have you seen this? https://virmach.com/special-offers
    $9/year

• @imok said:
    Have you seen this? https://virmach.com/special-offers
    $9/year

Not interested in using Virmach. I heard they use Maxmind and I usually don't have good luck with Maxmind.

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited August 2016

Ethernetservers are lrety good.
    Im a customer there.

• micronodesmicronodes Member, Host Rep

I can set you up with a 1$ 256 mb VPS if you'd like.

• micronodesmicronodes Member, Host Rep

@micronodes said:
    I can set you up with a 1$ 256 mb VPS if you'd like.

If you'd like to followup this offer open a ticket here:
    http://micronodes.net/whmcs/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1