Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Configuring a Double VPN? (Cascading VPN)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Configuring a Double VPN? (Cascading VPN)

xaitmixaitmi Member
edited August 2016 in Help

Has anyone here attempted to create a Double VPN?

So like, if I wanna go to google.com

My Home Network --> USA OpenVPN Server --> UK OpenVPN Server --> google.com

Anyone have a tutorial / guide on how to create such a setup?

So All my traffic goes through the USA OpenVPN Server, and from there it goes to the UK one, and finally to the destination.

Comments

• That's fairly easy actually. But out of curiosity why wouldn't you just connect directly to the UK one? For security reasons? I can imagine throughput will be as slow as hell crossing the ocean twice. Assuming you're not in the USA at the moment.

Also are you talking about connecting to a VPN which subsequently connects you to the next one? Or do you mean to connect to a VPN and set up the 2nd through the tunnel you've just setup before? Quite different approaches.

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited August 2016

@Akito said:
    That's fairly easy actually. But out of curiosity why wouldn't you just connect directly to the UK one? For security reasons? I can imagine throughput will be as slow as hell crossing the ocean twice. Assuming you're not in the USA at the moment.

Also are you talking about connecting to a VPN which subsequently connects you to the next one? Or do you mean to connect to a VPN and set up the 2nd through the tunnel you've just setup before? Quite different approaches.

I don't need it for personal reasons, I just have a ton of spare boxes lying around and the thought came to my mind.

So I wanted to figure out how to set that up.

Either approach you mentioned will work.

I'd prefer if I conenct to one server, which funnels the traffic through server #2.

So that i dont need more than one tap adapter installed on my machine, and only need to use one config file (on the users end)