Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Sale Bundle of 10 Clean Panel licenses by cPanel Designs for $50 - makes cPanel look good [SOLD]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

For Sale Bundle of 10 Clean Panel licenses by cPanel Designs for $50 - makes cPanel look good [SOLD]

marcmmarcm Member
edited March 2013 in General

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Clean Panel theme designed by Sam Asante from cPanel Designs, but I've included a few screenshots at the bottom of this post for those of you who aren't.

On http://cpaneldesigns.com 5 licenses cost $40 so I figured that $50 would be a fair price for 10 of them.

I am selling these licenses because I never really got to use them, and probably never will. I hope that someone else will put them to good use.

Click here for Live Demo

Congratulations to @httpzoom who purchased the license bundle :-) and Thank You.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Wow that's so much prettier than stock cpanel.

• Why did you have 10?

• Pretty cool stuff, I don't really need them now but considering how much @marcm has helped me with the Xen stack I'd be more than happy to buy them if no one else is taking them :)

I'll get them into my bornin.asia project

• marcmmarcm Member

@Spencer - I got them as a bundle as well.
    @zhuanyi - Thank you for your kind words. You could actually use them for your project :)

• @marcm said: @zhuanyi - Thank you for your kind words. You could actually use them for your project :)

No problem, you've helped me a tone as well. So let's give it 24 hours, if anyone has better uses for them, feel free to buy from @marcm, if not let me know after 24 hours and I'll send the money to you via Paypal.

• I would love CleanPanel, but unfortunately I only need one license atm :(

• marcmmarcm Member

@revnja - They are all under one account, so I can't split them. Each one of them has a separate key.

@zhuanyi - Thank you and you're welcome. I appreciate your kindness however only buy them if you need them :-)

• @zhuanyi: If you do end up buying them, I would give you $10 for a license key.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

CleanPanel is beautiful but so buggy :(

• marcmmarcm Member

@shovenose - Actually it's not. The only thing is that it can always take a week or two after a cPanel version is released to the RELEASE tier that an update for cPanel is released. The problem is that cPanel makes so many changes with every release that themes have to always keep up with them. Of course, most should use the STABLE/LTS tiers anyway, so Clean Panel will do just fine there :)

• marcmmarcm Member

@httpzoom bought this. I'd like to thank everyone else, including @zhuanyi who was interested in buying this license pack.

• @marcm said: @httpzoom bought this. I'd like to thank everyone else, including @zhuanyi who was interested in buying this license pack.

No problem, glad you've sold it :)

Turns out CleanPanel doesn't support the current version of cPanel, a fact which apparently has surprised the developer.

I really liked the look of this and bought a license. I run 11.36 (which is the current RELEASE, so I'm not bleeding edge or anything).

The CleanPanel script calls makecpphp as part of its install, which was removed in 11.35.

Developer said "makecpphp must exist on cpanel". Sent him a link to the 11.36 release notes which point out that it was removed.

Now honestly I know 11.36 is relatively new...but it was also removed in 11.35, so the dev could have been tracking changes in a product he supports.

Ticket hasn't had an answer in three days...

• ztecztec Member

It looks good but the default look isn't that bad.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited March 2013

@raindog308 cPanel makes pretty big changes from one version to the next and is pushing new releases to the Release free faster than ever. I assume chat Sam at cPanel Designs bas probably received a ton of tickets about this so he will not reply to each one but instead he will spend his time updating CleanPanel to properly support 11.36.

I'm not complaining that they're not ready for 11.36 yet - though they should state that on their site.

However when I opened my ticket three days ago following purchase, their response indicated they were unaware their product didn't work on 11.36 and that they had never tried to run it on 11.36.

A good response would have been "we're aware of that and are working as fast as we can to release an 11.36-compatible release, sorry we didn't mention that up front, would you like a refund or would you like to wait for X time until the new release is available?"

Their much less good response was "what? really? makecpphp must exist on all cpanel" and then to go silent when I pointed out that it's been removed.

• marcmmarcm Member

@raindog308 - Who replied to your ticket?

• Damn, that's so pretty. I might have to 'invest' into cleanPanel. :P