Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any experience with noez?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any experience with noez?

does anyone have experience with https://noez.de/dedicated Intel® J1900 4 x 2.0 GHz, 4 Cores / 4 Threats? Uptime? Datacenter? Price worth?

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited July 2016

@piratezyp said:
    does anyone have experience with https://noez.de/dedicated Intel® J1900 4 x 2.0 GHz, 4 Cores / 4 Threats? Uptime? Datacenter? Price worth?

What a smart name to pick for a DC!

Thanked by 1perryoo11
  • I wanted to try them for some time now and decided to give it a go tonight. So here's a quick initial review:
    You have to register at first. They will verify your phone number with an automated phone call.
    To be able to order services you have to top up your balance with a €1 minimum, multiple payment methods are available.

I decided to give their smallest VM a try (0.80 a month). Setup was instant after ordering. They state they offer fair use ipv6. Can't find the info anywhere so I guess it's a good opportunity to test their support :) anyway, so far not bad for a monthly VM at just €0.8/month.

The IP seems to be clean so that's a good start. A quick benchmark:

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz
    CPU Cores       : 1
    Frequency       : 3501.000 MHz
    Memory          : 256 MB
    Swap            : 256 MB
    Uptime          : 2 min,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 8
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab111.12
    Hostname        : vps

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is: you wish

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        47.7MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          564KB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       1.53MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       1.86MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       2.06MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       2.91MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          3.22MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       1.58MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         28.9MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        52.9MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 109 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 124 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 140 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 124.333 MB/s

For Europe it seems to be ok and voxility ddos protection is included. Anyway, I'll monitor the box for a while and report back :)

• "Dedicated root server". Germans tend to call vps servers "without overselling" root servers. Is "dedicated" root server then virtual or not?

• Most of the time it's virtual. Basically the difference is dedicated resources vs shared resources. You could compare it to kvm vs OpenVz.

• twiigltwiigl Member
    edited August 2016

@JasperNL said:
    "Dedicated root server". Germans tend to call vps servers "without overselling" root servers. Is "dedicated" root server then virtual or not?

I speak German like mother tongue and have contact to some provider (but not noez). Most of the provider call their boxes like this:

• VPS = virtual server, shared resources

• Root = virtual server with dedicated resources

• dedicated (root) = Your own hardware

But a noez it's a bit different.

The offer says:

Dein eigener Rootserver

Ein Rootserver ist im Gegensatz zu einem vServer deine komplett eigene Hardware. Du teilst dir kein Hostsystem mit anderen Kunden sondern dein persönlicher Server ist nur für dich da!

Your own Rootserver

A rootserver is your own hardware unlike a vserver. You're not about to share a host system with other customer, it's your personal server

• MadMad Member

Did you mean Noè?

Thanked by 1JasperNL