Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easy way to extract IP Addresses from multi-page list of VPN Gate Volunteers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Easy way to extract IP Addresses from multi-page list of VPN Gate Volunteers?

TinkuTinku Member

Here is the URL http://www.vpngate.net/en/volunteer_servers.aspx

There are like 170+ pages and (updating regularly). I want to extract all the ip addresses mentioned on those pages. Is there any easy way to do it quickly so that i can get a full list of ip addresses from all those 170+ pages?

Comments

• varwwwvarwww Member

regex + python + bs4

• tommytommy Member

It easy, but I suspect you will doing something evil there :p so no free script for you

• TinkuTinku Member

@tommy said:
    It easy, but I suspect you will doing something evil there :p so no free script for you

Nothing evil just want to block all of them from my my site because i am tired of all those spammers/abusers using these korean/japanese/vietanmese/thaliand and other east asian countries ip through vpngate/softether

• tommytommy Member

how they spam/abuse you? I'm still didnt grt it as valid reason

• tommytommy Member

• TinkuTinku Member
    edited July 2016

@tommy said:

Running a community site with chat rooms so if a user go against rules again and again we have to kick and sometime ban him but some of them come back using vpngate softether vpn to abuse and spam in chat rooms and there are like 30,000+ ip addresses in vpngate which makes it hard to block them.

• thatixthatix Member

@Tinku said:
    Running a community site with chat rooms so if a user go against rules again and again we have to kick and sometime ban him but some of them come back using vpngate softether vpn to abuse and spam in chat rooms and there are like 30,000+ ip addresses in vpngate which makes it hard to block them.

If they want to come back, they can also choose something like commercial VPN with free trial ,free proxy or/with Tor(such as VPN gate + Tor), are you going to ban all of them?
    By the way this is my first time to see someone rather than a cencorship authority who want to extract and ban VPN gate IPs :)

• TinkuTinku Member

@thatix said:

@Tinku said:

If they want to come back, they can also choose something like commercial VPN with free trial ,free proxy or/with Tor(such as VPN gate + Tor), are you going to ban all of them?
    By the way this is my first time to see someone rather than a cencorship authority who want to extract and ban VPN gate IPs :)

Most of those commercial vpn services are all on networks like ovh, hetzner, do etc and i already blocked most of them now my biggest worry is vpngate because most of those abusers are coming through vpngate using east asian ip addresses associated with vpngate/softether.

My sites got no content for that region so it's not that i am going to lose any real traffic and after blocking all those asn like ovh, hetzner etc i saw a decrease of 3 to 5% in traffic but things are much better now if i compare them with past and they will hopefully become more better once i get rid of these vpn gate addresses.

• TinkuTinku Member
    edited July 2016

double post delete

• KobeKobe Member

How do you know that its VPNGate IPs that are harassing you?

• http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/downloading-entire-web-site-wget

Thanked by 1ceapa
  • blackblack Member

You shouldn't crawl their website.

The prior list is partial.
    In order to prevent DoS attacks we show only some portion of available servers.

The VPN Server List sometimes contains wrong IP addresses.
    If you enter the IP address list into your Censorship Firewall, unexpected accidents will occur on the firewall.

• TinkuTinku Member

@Kobe said:
    How do you know that its VPNGate IPs that are harassing you?

It's not that hard to find there are multiple methods and one of them is just google their site results and look for that ip address because they list many of those ip addresses on their website server list pages for example use try:

site:www.vpngate.net "42.113.194.181"

• TinkuTinku Member

That was really helpful! Thanks i was able to find 30,000+ ip addresses within few minutes using these 2 methods.

• TinkuTinku Member

@black said:
    You shouldn't crawl their website.

The prior list is partial.
    > In order to prevent DoS attacks we show only some portion of available servers.
    > 
    > ....
    > 
    > The VPN Server List sometimes contains wrong IP addresses.
    > If you enter the IP address list into your Censorship Firewall, unexpected accidents will occur on the firewall.
    > 

Thats true i just found that those lists are not updated because most of the current ip addresses i see in their vpn client can't be found in those lists :(

• tommytommy Member

Current IP address? Lol how do you compare and known current ip address without using them ?

I cant believe you googling for 30k+ IP :P

btw I'm done here.

• TinkuTinku Member
    edited July 2016

@tommy said:
    Current IP address? Lol how do you compare and known current ip address without using them ?

I cant believe you googling for 30k+ IP :P

btw I'm done here.

By current ip addresses i mean the fresh (active) list of servers that users can use through their vpn client.

Posting a screenshot from their vpn client to give you an idea how all those spammers abusers can use all these vpngate ip addresses and everytime you click the refresh button you can see more fresh servers (and the list is long see ther scroll bar).

By the way i am just curious if i need a certificate from you that it's not for any evil thing? The person who wanted to help already did it without even asking a stupid question.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Strikerr said: ubuntu@xxx:~$ cat * | grep

People on USENET give out "Useless Use of cat" demerits and this would qualify. There is no need for cat in that command line. grep can work with files/wildcards just fine.

varwww said: regex + python + bs4

Applying regex to html is almost always the wrong approach. In this case, that would probably work because the HTML makes it easy. But if there were, say, no line breaks in that HTML or if it was a complex table, regex would be tough. Regardless, it's brittle.

The proper way is to use whatever language you like's html parsing library and either get a stream of tags and attributes or delve selectively.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • blackblack Member
    edited July 2016

VPNGate provides a CSV list which it's a lot easier to parse, you do not need to grab the raw HTML. As mentioned earlier, they do not show all vpngate relays regardless of how many times you refresh and they will provide "fake" relays if they think you're trying to get a list of their relays. This implies that they'll have direct access to your firewall rules (ban whatever IP they want) so it's not recommended.

• @black said:
    VPNGate provides a CSV list which it's a lot easier to parse, you do not need to grab the raw HTML. As mentioned earlier, they do not show all vpngate relays regardless of how many times you refresh and they will provide "fake" relays if they think you're trying to get a list of their relays. This implies that they'll have direct access to your firewall rules (ban whatever IP they want) so it's not recommended.

Yea in the end i found it's a waste of time not only VPNGate but there are these services like HideMyAss with multple servers in 200 countries now with 200k different ip and allow you unlimited server/ip switching in different country/city/server/subnet so it's impossible to stop it!

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Use getipintel.net's API if you want a free solution or maxmind.com/blocked.com for a paid solution.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • blackblack Member
    edited August 2016

I don't think maxmind / blocked can detect vpngate though I'm not 100% sure.

Tinku said: so it's impossible to stop it!

time consuming and difficult, but not impossible :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

black said: I don't think maxmind / blocked can detect vpngate though I'm not 100% sure.

I can check Maxmind's database if somebody can provide some IPs (VPNGate is blocked by my proxy so I can't get them myself).

• KuJoe said: I can check Maxmind's database if somebody can provide some IPs (VPNGate is blocked by my proxy so I can't get them myself).

I pm'd you a couple of IPs.