Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a dedicated server in the US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a dedicated server in the US

revnjarevnja Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hello,

I've been shopping around for a dedicated server and trying to find the best deal. I was interested in Dacentec's 24GB server promotion, but they are long gone, sold out and it doesn't seem like there will ever be more. Here are the specs I am looking for:

Xeon/E3 would be even better
At least 24GB RAM, 32GB would be best
At least a 1TB spinning disk
At least a 128GB SSD
1Gbps uplink (traffic cap doesn't matter too much here)
/28 IPs (13 usable), IPv6 is a nice bonus
VMware ESXi or IPMI/IPKVM loan to install myself.

I've seen offers from places on WHT like RackD that come pretty close to this for $99. I'm looking to keep this under $140/mo but I realize I may have to compromise in places to hit that price point.

Looking for a location in the US, west coast preferred but I'm not picky about that.

Comments

• Man, let us all know if you ever find such a thing!

• I've come pretty damn close! I saw a wiresix ad for a $99/mo special, I'll try to go find that again.

Thanks @Jack

• @Jack that is pretty nice, but the 1Gbps port kills me at $40/mo. I just might have to compromise on that. Wiresix and rackD are on top of my list so far.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@Jack @Voss - Thanks for the mention.
    @revnja - Sent you a PM.

• @revnja have you looked into ServerMania? I have a server with them and they have been one of the best companies I have ever bought from. For $99.00 they have something near what you need minus the number of IP addresses you said you need, but you can buy them and still be under 140.00. If you have questions you can message @chriscm - he is who set me up.

Link: http://www.servermania.com/lowendtalk-specials.htm

Offer:
    Intel Xeon E3-1270 v2
    32 GB DDR3
    1 TB SATA or 120 GB SSD
    10 TB Bandwidth
    1 Gbps Network Speed
    /29 - 5 Usable IP's Included
    3.5 GHz w/ Smart Cache 8MB
    Turbo Frequency 3.8 GHz
    4 Cores + 8 Threads

• Please do let me know if you have any questions.

@Holoshed said: @revnja have you looked into ServerMania? I have a server with them and they have been one of the best companies I have ever bought from. For $99.00 they have something near what you need minus the number of IP addresses you said you need, but you can buy them and still be under 140.00. If you have questions you can message @chriscm - he is who set me up.

Link: http://www.servermania.com/lowendtalk-specials.htm

Offer:
    Intel Xeon E3-1270 v2
    32 GB DDR3
    1 TB SATA or 120 GB SSD
    10 TB Bandwidth
    1 Gbps Network Speed
    /29 - 5 Usable IP's Included
    3.5 GHz w/ Smart Cache 8MB
    Turbo Frequency 3.8 GHz
    4 Cores + 8 Threads

• @chriscm How much are we looking at for both a 1TB and 120GB SSD as well as a /28 of IPs?

• Our pricing includes either a 120 GB SSD (Intel 520 series) or 1 TB SATA (WD RE4). To add a /28 you would +$10/month, so $109/month total.

We have systems in stock so if you want a configuration like this we can deploy you within a few hours.

Best regards

• chriscmchriscm Member
    edited March 2013

Sorry I misread your post, we would charge +$10/month for an additional 120 GB SSD or 1 TB SATA.

• revnjarevnja Member
    edited March 2013

Edit: You answered right before I posted. :P

• Also, all of our systems include IPMI for free :)

• RyanDRyanD Member

@revnja

Our Dual L5520s are now available in Los Angeles, shoot me a message and we can work something out for you on that gig port :)