Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for Seafile Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for Seafile Server

GMaister22GMaister22 Member
edited July 2016 in Requests

Hello im looking for a cheap VPS to use it as a Seafile server!

I need around 80 GB storage and 6-7 TB traffic

Budget around 30-40 euro / year, i will pay annually and maybe biannually if there is a hot deal.

Only reputable offers please :)

Thank you very much :)

Comments

• shellshell Member

128kbps unmetered?

• @shell said:
    128kbps unmetered?

preferably 1GBps till a specific amount of bandwidth then drops down to 100mbps

• im using a Scaleway Cloud (Starter VC1S, 3EUR x month) with OVH Object Storage (120Gb around 1.5EUR x month), about 100Gb static files (photos, videos) and 20Gb of always syncing files.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @gustavargas said:
    im using a Scaleway Cloud (Starter VC1S, 3EUR x month) with OVH Object Storage (120Gb around 1.5EUR x month), about 100Gb static files (photos, videos) and 20Gb of always syncing files.

How does that work?

• MadMad Member

You will hardly find a 1Gbps Unmetered VPS, especially within your budget.

Have you checked OVH?

• GMaister22GMaister22 Member
    edited July 2016

@andreamada said:

Have you checked OVH?

OVH's programs have 10-20 GB of storage space
    As i said, 1GBps till a specific amount of bandwidth, then 100mbps unmetered, even 100 or 200 unmetered is fine though

• MadMad Member

@GMaister22 said:

@andreamada said:

Have you checked OVH?

As i said, 1GBps till a specific amount of bandwidth, then 100mbps unmetered, even 100 or 200 unmetered is fine though

My apologizes, I though to have read "/month" (getting blind) . The budget might be a problem, also because there are few providers with unmetered traffic in EU. It would have been much easier in USA.

• @andreamada said:

@GMaister22 said:

@andreamada said:

Have you checked OVH?

My apologizes, I though to have read "/month" (getting blind) . The budget might be a problem, also because there are few providers with unmetered traffic in EU. It would have been much easier in USA.

Sure USA works also, i just said preferably EU xD

• so any recommendations in the USA?

• GMaister22GMaister22 Member
    edited July 2016

ill use seafile not owncloud.. (promiteus wont let me create users its just for 1 user, the link u gave me)

Just need 60-80 GB storage with Unmetered traffic...there has to be some good provider...

• FalzoFalzo Member

maybe it would help if you specify or shape your bandwidth usage somewhat. maybe you find offers including 4TB or something like that... otherwise probably not gonna happen on that budget... kimsufi?

• i found couple > @Falzo said:

maybe it would help if you specify or shape your bandwidth usage somewhat. maybe you find offers including 4TB or something like that... otherwise probably not gonna happen on that budget... kimsufi?

kimsufi has 10GB space only :(

• FalzoFalzo Member

GMaister22 said: kimsufi has 10GB space only :(

more likely I thought about their dedis... ;-)

• FalzoFalzo Member

GMaister22 said: i found couple

interested to hear your feedback in some weeks after you pushed the first 20-30 TB through it ;-)

• @Falzo said:

interested to hear your feedback in some weeks after you pushed the first 20-30 TB through it ;-)

I dont think i will push that much! no way actually haha

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2016

@exception0x876 probably has something like that. I mean 60GB, that has been mentioned in PM, sorry for posting it here, it's my fault.

How much bandwidth do you really need?

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@GMaister22 said:

@Falzo said:

I dont think i will push that much! no way actually haha

then why don't ask for a real number on bandwidth you may use? probably just results in more offers ;-)

Thanked by 1bersy
  • Because i dont know what the Traffic will be, i guess 6-7TB will be more than enough..

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2016

Looks like Hostodo's $45/y VPS is close to what you are looking for in this case. Not sure how reliable they are, I've never tried them personally.

• @bersy said:
    Looks like Hostodo's $45/y VPS is close to what you are looking for in this case. Not sure how reliable they are, I've never tried them personally.

yup i read some reviews, not the best :/

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2016

edit : oops, just saw the OP rule out Prometeus seafile. damn mobile scrolling. ENDedit

or you can get hosted seafile from Prometeus (product is named iwsea).

It's single user only though, and hosted in their Romania POP. I am on the 200gb 24euro/yr , no bandwidth limits, plan.

I am able to share files using seafile sharing features on iwSea. Good enough for me.

• @vimalware said:
    edit : oops, just saw the OP rule out Prometeus seafile. damn mobile scrolling. ENDedit

or you can get hosted seafile from Prometeus (product is named iwsea).

It's single user only though, and hosted in their Romania POP. I am on the 200gb 24euro/yr , no bandwidth limits, plan.

I am able to share files using seafile sharing features on iwSea. Good enough for me.

Yup, single user only is a huge limitation for me :(

• bersybersy Member

If NAT is acceptable to you, take a look at 1GB/150GB/10TB MyServerPlane's £10/yr VPS.