Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using Virtualizor?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using Virtualizor?

DamianDamian Member
edited December 2011 in General

Any companies here using Virtualizor as their VPS control panel? Our experience with it has been pretty terrible, but was mostly wondering if other people have had poor experiences with it too, or if it's just us...

Comments

• We looked into it, but from what i read there were a number of security issues.

• @VMPort said: We looked into it, but from what i read there were a number of security issues.

Solus aint much better, Virtualizor is a great piece of software, its great for windows vps'es

• I keep a close eye on it since Fran doesn't like money. They are missing a couple of features (TUN and virtio) that I will not do without, but I saw TUN make it into a recent beta.

• They did indeed add TUN.

One of my biggest complaints about Virtualizor is that it's error reporting usually consists of phrases like "There was some Error creating the VPS" and that's all it will let you know. There's absolutely nothing further.

• So it's like a typical Windows error then? :)

• Oh! True! You are using it right? I like virtualizor, is friendly :D But not sure how it goes for you (providers side).

@drmike LOL at your new signature

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@miTgiB said: I keep a close eye on it since Fran doesn't like money. They are missing a couple of features (TUN and virtio) that I will not do without, but I saw TUN make it into a recent beta.

If you can talk bz into it i'll sell you a copy :)

He's having a bz kinda weekend so it wouldn't be a terrible time to bounce it off him.

Francisco

• Fran,

If you don't like money, just let him have it for free!

• @Damian4IPXcore said: Any companies here using Virtualizor as their VPS control panel? Our experience with it has been pretty terrible, but was mostly wondering if other people have had poor experiences with it too, or if it's just us...

we are using virtualizor since they are still in "free" license. patrick (garman) is the first LET member who use virtualizor in production server. well from time to time i see a lot of bug and problem in virtualizor, but i think i can handle it. mostly they have bad communication/connection between virtualizor (script) and libvirt. so you still can do libvirt command if your virtualizor going crazy. :D

• I haven't heard of it but most providers use OpenVZ with SolusVM so I would go for that if I were you as it will be more stable in the long run! :)