Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net server help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net server help

just want to know as notable to find specific info
I would like to buy this service https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc
DEDIBOX® XC 2016
just want to know can i install my own windows licence or evaluation copy ? as the windows service they're providing is costly which is 30 euro per month
any help from eperienced user is requested

Comments

• i dont think it is as easy as with the kimsufi but i saw a guide around here some time back on how to do it.

• Do you have tried

http://kimsufitemplates.net/
    ?

In the moment, the website is down.

• trvztrvz Member

From https://console.online.net/en/order/server, you could order the 2015 version, which has an onboard IPMI. Specs.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Maybe you can use their rescue system, there are some instructions over the net for some other types of servers from online.net. Probably you could use it for your case. Or. even better, install proxmox on it and create a single big kvm vps to put there your windows.

• myhkenmyhken Member

I my thread here... you will find both templates and info how to make your own templates that work on online.net 2016 line. I'm using them just now on two servers there.

• @mosan7763 thanks will check, @mtsbatalha yeah checked on it and founds most of the people not able to get it working, @trvz thanks will checl

• @jvnadr & @myhken thanks for the help will check, i currently not bought it but at that price offer looks awesome that's why wantd to buy, i can use only windows yet for my work that's why needed it

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

What is the job you want to do with? If you tell us, maybe we can help you with the best solution (e.g. how to do in it a virtualized window installation that can be installed in any server without ipmi)

• @jvnadr said:
    What is the job you want to do with? If you tell us, maybe we can help you with the best solution (e.g. how to do in it a virtualized window installation that can be installed in any server without ipmi)

30% torrenting, 30% file sharing and 40% seo and other realted

• What windows version do you want to install?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

jackpison said: 30% torrenting, 30% file sharing and 40% seo and other realted

You can do that with a big vps. Install proxmox and create a single big vm with windows on it.

• @hawkjohn7 said:
    What windows version do you want to install?

windows 2012 standard R2

• @jvnadr said:

jackpison said: 30% torrenting, 30% file sharing and 40% seo and other realted

You can do that with a big vps. Install proxmox and create a single big vm with windows on it.

this is in online.net vps right ? create a one big vps and do rest with promox ?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

This can be done in any server that can either has as OS debian 7/8, or installed with bare metal proxmox.
    In online.net case, you can either install debian 8 and after that, install manually proxmox on the top, or even easier, install proxmox as bare metal directly from your client's panel.
    Upload your windows iso image in /var/lib/vz/template/iso. Then, use proxmox to create a single virtual machine (VM) and install there via novnc console (it is built in proxmox) your windows installation. Do the necessary network configs and you have your windows running.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

But are you sure you cannot do the tasks you want using a linux desktop?
    Torrenting and file sharing can be done better with linux than windows.
    SEO? I think you mean hitleap... Even if I hate this method of fake traffic, you can now install it on linux, too.
    Using linux, your life will be easier and you don't need virtualization.

• You can use this image
    http://uptobox.com/soqgmn19m3vh

or i can install windows 2012 for you

• @jvnadr said:
    But are you sure you cannot do the tasks you want using a linux desktop?
    Torrenting and file sharing can be done better with linux than windows.
    SEO? I think you mean hitleap... Even if I hate this method of fake traffic, you can now install it on linux, too.
    Using linux, your life will be easier and you don't need virtualization.

hey thanks for steps and help will surely use it, i know the basic so will do the rest
    i'm familiar with window than linux so not able to use it and for seo there is something more than just hitleap in it :P
    there is few tasks which i have to run 24/7 but my home net is unstable and limited that's why not able to use here
    someone suggested me to grab a dedicated server than vps and found out online.net and kimsufi is great , that's why just wanna know from some actie users experience if this is really working

• @hawkjohn7 said:
    You can use this image
    http://uptobox.com/soqgmn19m3vh

or i can install windows 2012 for you

msged you