Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do a Google search for me?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do a Google search for me?

DStroutDStrout Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hey, I saw the thread asking for a trace route earlier, and I could use some community help as well. I know Google does some result customization to make your results better, but sometimes I want to know what the average user gets for a query that's not apt to be customized based on their browsing habits. As such, can some of you Google "News of Quebec" (not a link in case the customization is in the link I get in the address bar when I Google it) and tell me if the site NewsofQuebec.org appears in the results? Screenshots if possible showing the position (first, second, twelfth, etc.).

Thanks!

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Vnc, vpn, log out, etc :)

• Go incognito, no more personalized result.

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited March 2013

3 on English google
    6 on Russian google (IP is in Ukraine but it redirects to google.ru)

Both signed in to different google accounts.

• edited March 2013

Number 6 (anonymous european on google.com in english).
    Between 3 and 5 for other european cctld/languages.

• 3rd here, from The Netherlands

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I bunged you...

aka used Bing. I only use Bing because Microsoft pays people to use it :-)

Sorry, mon ami, you're not in the first five pages doing an incognito search.

BTW, the PageRank for your site is 0. I think you need more sites linking to it.

• EvixoEvixo Member

Third page, Googe from NL.

@NHNahian said: Go incognito, no more personalized result.

And you should use this :-)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

First on DuckDuckGo, third on Google (English). Although I use the delete all personal data (cookies, history, etc.) on closing Firefox feature.

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited March 2013

OK, that's what I needed to know. Thanks for all the help. @Liam @Infinity close if you like.