Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anydesk? I'm impressed!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anydesk? I'm impressed!

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited July 2016 in General

Have anyone of you guys ever tried anydesk, a teamviewer/vnc alternative? I used it some hours ago to a remote windows installation and I can say, I am impressed...
My home connection is a simple adsl with low specs (i am far away from a dslam) and can only reach speeds of 6-7M/b download and 850 K/b upload. I wanted a windows desktop to do some remote tasks just like it was a local computer (dtp/video editing) and with dsl, the existing solutions like teamviewer, tightvnc and rdp could not produce a local-like performance of the desktop.
Well, I installed anydesk (it's free edition) and, what can I say, I am impressed! For basic tasks (open and work to an office suite along with photoshop and QXpress for testing) was almost like working on my home desktop, lo lagging, full screen and resolution. I also opened youtube video and the remote desktop performed very well compared to the other solutions.
But that's a test for some hours. Did anyone try it for longer term? If yes, can you share your experience? I am willing to use it for some dtp, to be able to have the exact same computer to do tasks from any location occasionally.
Waiting for your shares!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I have tried it and I loved it!

Looks faster than TeamViewer btw.

• Question how much links can you create to other pcs/win server/compatible pcs

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

And now its quality will get worse as thousands of LETers move to it.

• @Radi said:

Problem?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

perryoo11 said: how much links can you create to other pcs/win server/compatible pcs

What do you mean? It's a platform for remote desktop (aka 1 to 1 pc). Free edition, I think, allows to have a concurrent connection to one remote pc (when teamviewer allows multiple concurrent connections)

• Jazzy8999Jazzy8999 Member
    edited July 2016

Support file transfer?
    But doesnt have android client.

• It crashes when I remote from Linux to Windows, not the other way around. Still got room for improvement.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

for multiple os support and for major features, TV is still the king (I have it in over a dozen of my pc's around locations for unattended access), but for working in a remote computer as a server, like it were your real local desktop, in my today's testing, seem anydesk is far beyond the competition...

@perryoo11 said:

@Radi said:

Problem?

Yes. Problem. What will you do now?

• @Radi said:

@perryoo11 said:

@Radi said:

Problem?

Yes. Problem. What will you do now?

ill try if it is the replacement of teamviewer worth.

Go ahead.

I'll suggest LogMeIn as well.

• @Radi said:
    Go ahead.

I'll suggest LogMeIn as well.

yes but i dont get why you have problems with it.
    an proiduct doesn't change if someone installs it.

I was fooling around. :)
    But yes, their servers will get slow.
    Anyway.

• @Radi said:
    I was fooling around. :)
    But yes, their servers will get slow.
    Anyway.

yea need to agree with that more poeple on server is slower site.
    but who care :)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Radi said: I was fooling around. :) But yes, their servers will get slow. Anyway.

Servers from anydesk or teamviewer are just for the initial contact of the 2 computers. The further communication is peer to peer.

And logmein is not free anymore...

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Radi said: I was fooling around. :) But yes, their servers will get slow. Anyway.

do not fool boy !!

• Working very well! Better then teamviewer. PC games not working sadly.. :(