Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SwiftVM Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SwiftVM Review

DStroutDStrout Member
edited March 2013 in Providers

I was lucky enough to get a review box from SwiftVM, and I have to say, I've been impressed so far. I made the screenshot posted on that thread, and as you can see the speeds are pretty serious. The SSDs are nice, and the support is good. To be fair, as a beta tester, I'm sure I was on an emptier node and I got somewhat priority support. Still, everything worked out well for me.

The one major con is that this only has a 100Mbps line, so network speeds are nothing to write home about, but hey, if I really needed the extra network speed, there's plenty of offers in that arena. Also, there's no IPv6, but that's rarely the provider's fault. All in all, I would say that this a provider worth considering, especially given the generous offer they have posted.

Comments

• ciscocisco Member

fast and stable, only hard disk is too small, I want to buy more SSD, But they are free additional for me.:)

• LAKidLAKid Member

@cisco Did they give you free SSD?

• @cisco said: only hard disk is too small

yeah only 2G SSD I m here

• @DStrout said: The one major con is that this only has a 100Mbps line

Jeez, like that won't be enough for example a webserver, DNS, CDN or anything else that these LEBs get used for

• @DStrout thanks for the review. When you first got the VPS the node was in fact empty, yes, but within two days it filled up quite well. Our 128SSD plan is the most popular so barely any resources are being used on the node.

Our provider only offers 100mbps currently, but they should have 1gbps ready and operational soon. IPv6 will also be ready for use within a few weeks.

@LAKid if a client asks for a few extra gigs of storage we're happy to add this to their account with no additional cost.

• @BronzeByte you're more than correct, personal experience suggests that people bloat their 'HDD allowance' and it's very rare it gets used to the full amount, resulting in Overselling, while we do have a large amount of disk space on these SSD's for the amount of memory, we could give a bit more space per plan, something we're going to think about after the LEB offer goes up.

If anybody needs any sort of custom plan, give us a shout. We're not shy! :)