Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHPBB and Wordpress shareing a theme
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHPBB and Wordpress shareing a theme

exussumexussum Member
edited December 2011 in Help

I have a Wordpress site set up, and would like to use the WP theme on PHPBB is there something which already exists or do i have to port the headers and footers manually ?

Ive heard of http://www.wp-united.com/ but it seems to have been hacked or something

Any other suggestions ?

Comments

• wp-united I think shut down; probably will have to do it manually. Btw, there is a login share:http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-phpbb-bridge/

• Ive started it manually, It wasn't as time consuming as i thought it may have been. Not sure of the memory footprint of wordpress engine running inside PHPBB, may have to do querys manually rather than though wordpress

Thanks for the reply though

• Hmmm, I could have sworn I responded.

Gotta admit that I'd just do up two themes. I know on the roll out software packages we use for our clients, there's a couple of themes that are shared among many of the platforms.

In the time you figured out a bridge, you could have had the themes done. :)

• The problem wasnt really making the template, it was making sure that anything that effects one effects the other. I think ive done it ill have more time to test it later in the week

• Like with Recent Posts from one side to the other? RSS feeds would handle that.

• No, the header has some dynamic infomation on it,also so if the theme is updated in the future it updates in 2 places

• Well in that case, what about a shared php file that gets calls from both sides? We do something similar with a couple of our platforms.

Kind of hard to make suggestions without knowing what specially you're trying to do although it does sound like you got something figured out.

Thanked by 1exussum
  • Its had to be split up a little bit. The theme was origianlly wordpress so to be called it had to have wordpress loaded and then run though, Which is quite heavy to have wordpress running inside PHPBB, so i just run some SQL on both sides that doesnt have to have either objects in.

I didnt mean updates in 2 places as in updating files i meant like when viewed its up to date in both places