Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cannot login to Poweradmin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cannot login to Poweradmin

kontamkontam Member
edited March 2013 in Help

Hi,

after the installation the default admin/password doesn't work. I tried many combinations including mysql username and such. Then I changes the password for admin in mysql and it still doesn't work. Apache logs don't show any error. I don't know what to do, I just can't login to Poweradmin.

Comments

• try reset_password.php

• Displays empty page.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

a common error is to forget to install php mcrypt.
    That usually b0rk things up

• I decided to reinstall. Now it works, really weird. I just hope it doesn't happen again when I have zones added. I'm waiting for dns changes to take affect, I hope it works. I did it by your guide MikHo, except the server/poweradmin side. I hope I'll reply with "great success" in my other thread.

• Displays empty page.

I looked at the code after I suggested it and reset_password.php has been disabled for security reasons.

/* Disable reset password functionality, because of improper implementation.

If you know admin or any other user email, then you initiate password change
    to some random which will be send to him by email, but that can be done
    by some malicious user or some script, which can reset password every sec. */

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

It should work unless you remove something that it depends on.

• Don't forget DNSSEC on your setup!