Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Backup Issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Backup Issue

MridulMridul Member

Deat LET members,

I have installed whmcs 6.3.1 ( Centos 6 with VestaCP ) and everything is fine except for the backup of the database.

The Cron starts and comepletes with the following :

17/07/2016 11:07    Cron Job: Completed     System  
17/07/2016 11:07    Cron Job: Done          System  

No Error is generated in the log. But the Database File is not sent via email.

Also If i manually try to download the database in whmcs ( Utilities > Database Status > Download database backup ) , it fails. I dont get any file. and the Follwoing Error is generated in the log :

An error occurred generating the backup archive. The error is: Please provide a valid dump path.

As per WHMCS :
Database backup error 'Please provide a valid dump path'
This indicates that WHMCS is unable to access the /tmp working directory during the backup generation process. Please ensure that the open_basedir value is set to Off in your PHP configuration, that the PHP /tmp directory is writeable and is not full.

My open_base_dir status :

open_basedir no value

The "tmp" folder is 755

Any solutions ?

Comments

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

How big is your /tmp directory if it isn't in the root file system?

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • Why don't you contact whmcs support directly? They offer great support in my experience

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • kozorakozora Member

you can login admin portal
    http://your url/admin/configbackups.php

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • you're better off using making your own custom script doing the email backup = fail. I'd look into the control panel you have to see if they have automated backups cause relying on WHMCS is like trying to rely on a crappy car to run without fixing it.

Thanked by 1Mridul