Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Solved) Use Free 50GB FTP space ArubaCloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

(Solved) Use Free 50GB FTP space ArubaCloud

mehargagsmehargags Member
edited July 2016 in Providers

I tried to access the 50GB FTP space provided for Free per DC from Arubacloud, but it seems a bit broken.

At first I was not able to login to ftp1.dc4.computing.cloud.it with my credentials, trying random it gave me access once from within Aruba VPS. I was able to upload a small test ISO. After that it again stopped working.

Then I used "auth ssl" in the connection and it would login, I can copy back data but I can't upload to the FTP space. it says :
550 Access is denied.

Is anyone using the FTP space ? What are the exact connection parameters to configure ?
and can I connect the FTP from outside Aurba Networks also ? doesn't seem so to me.

Have raised them a ticket but no answer yet (being weekend I suppose)
@arubacloud

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

Oh, i've never heard about free FTP from Aruba before.

• cassacassa Member
    edited July 2016

Probably it's only allowed to use FTP from a VPS on their network.

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited July 2016

@sonic said:
    Oh, i've never heard about free FTP from Aruba before.

Me too, I never was aware until I clicked the FTP Service Management. You kind of need to activate it. Check Screen http://prntscr.com/btlvlp

@cassa said:
    Probably it's only allowed to use FTP from a VPS on their network.

I presume that... even that VPS in one DC can access FTP from its own DC only...

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Nope, FTP is available from anywhere.

• @Shot2 said:
    Nope, FTP is available from anywhere.

are you using it ? Do you need to open a ticket to get it formally activated or is it a specific problem I'm facing with it?

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited July 2016

Simply activate it in your Control Panel, and you're good to go. It's plain FTP, no need for SSL.

I just tested by uploading some .iso from a Kimsufi server using the command-line 'ftp', it works well.

Note however that only a few file extensions may be uploaded to your ftp storage (vhd vmdk iso etc.) ; trying to upload, say, "kittehs.jpg" will result in some Access Denied error message. But "kittehs.jpg.iso" will succeed ;)

• @Shot2 said:
    Simply activate it in your Control Panel, and you're good to go. It's plain FTP, no need for SSL.

I just tested by uploading some .iso from a Kimsufi server using the command-line 'ftp', it works well.

Note however that only a few file extensions may be uploaded to your ftp storage (vhd vmdk iso etc.) ; trying to upload, say, "kittehs.jpg" will result in some Access Denied error message. But "kittehs.jpg.iso" will succeed ;)

Thanks a ton @Shot2 for the tip... I could upload .ISO extension file from my home PC as well. So that means only .ISO .VMDK .VHD are uploadable.

Thanks for the Link @Falzo... I never knew English Docs were there.

• ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

hi
    we confirm that users can use FTP area once activated via control panel to upload disk images (ISO,VHD,VMDK) that can be used with Cloud PRO servers as Virtual CD/DVD or custom templates:

http://kb.arubacloud.com/en/computing/import-and-export-a-cloud-server.aspx

Thanked by 3bersy mehargags marrco