Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Provider not blocked by netflix?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Provider not blocked by netflix?

GravelyGravely Member

hello,

just wondering if anyone knows of a provider that isnt blocked by netflix etc. Almost all providers that i have tried are blocked.

Thanks

Comments

• tommytommy Member

no, thanks

• You'd think Netflix would love to have a list like that...

Thanked by 2Gravely MrObvious
  • Why did you thank me? I'm saying no provider is going to tell you on a public forum that they have good IP's. That's asking NetFlix to insta-ban them...?

• KobeKobe Member

Don't be dicks guys. Do you guys honestly think Netflix is actively monitoring LET with a shitty Google Alerts config and with the support of the NSA?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2016

@Kobe said:
    Don't be dicks guys. Do you guys honestly think Netflix is actively monitoring LET with a shitty Google Alerts config and with the support of the NSA?

Yes. Maybe not Google Alerts but something properitary and maybe not NSA, but I'd assume they are.

Even if they don't there are competitors who would deliberately report it to them ;-).

• Well, if telling the OP why they aren't going to be getting any responses makes me a dick, I guess I'll wear that badge?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

I've been on the hunt, and to be completely honest ... I gave up.

What I did is/was, sent a raspberry pi to a friend in the US (all configured, since He is not an expert at anything related to IT...). All he had to do was plug it into his router and voila, a friend whom I trust and letting me piggyback his US IP.

Kudos to openvpn for making it all simple :)

• The truth is out there

• @rsk said:
    I've been on the hunt, and to be completely honest ... I gave up.

What I did is/was, sent a raspberry pi to a friend in the US (all configured, since He is not an expert at anything related to IT...). All he had to do was plug it into his router and voila, a friend whom I trust and letting me piggyback his US IP.

Kudos to openvpn for making it all simple :)

Yeah was thinking of doing that. If i cant find one i will have to send one over!

• sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited July 2016

Do they block by looking for certain words in the reverse whois or do they really have ranges of IPSs blocked or probably ranges of knowns isps whitelisted and everything else is denied???

• tommytommy Member

rsk said: sent a raspberry pi to a friend in the US

Good advise, maybe my boss willing to host my rasberrypi on his home ;)