Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal vendetta against a long time LET member
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Personal vendetta against a long time LET member

ManuelleManuelle Member
edited July 2016 in Providers

So i look at new offer on lowendbox.com and research this company "dedistation ltd" and find something very funny

This "company" is 2 days old but the user appear to be running site for few months, some good reviews (ok fine)

but take a look:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10273867/officers
Date of birth January 1989

His old company I find from his posts:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09310035/officers

Date of birth January 1997
Date of birth January 1991

He has 3 different birth date, is that not funny? Maybe all detail here is fake, why this site allow such scams?

I post comment on lowendbox but looks like admin deleted, don't want no want to see this?

all facts.

on this anyone can recommend non funny voxility or ddos protected vps in UK for yearly package (10gbps protection is ok)? Zare only offers monthly I think too much max $25.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Oh no, not three different birth dates. Lock your doors, one can only assume his next action is to kidnap your children.

• NixtrenNixtren Member
    edited July 2016

LET the drama begin! Come here linuxthephisher @linuxthefish

Edit: I'm not defending anyone, I'm just here for the drama

• ManuelleManuelle Member
    edited July 2016

jarland said: Oh no, not three different birth dates. Lock your doors, one can only assume his next action is to kidnap your children.

you as admin think its ok to enter fake details on legal documents by government? wow nice admin here endorse fake info, you sponsor this company too?

edited July 2016

Manuelle said: you as admin think its ok to enter fake details on legal documents by government?

Do I look like the government to you? I couldn't give a rats ass about what the government in some nation I don't live in wants.

Some governments don't want you to be homosexual or they'll kill you. Should I be mad at homosexuals over that? I don't answer to your government.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2016

What exactly is your issue here?

• Do you ask if @Linuxthefish is reputable here?
      Yes, he is. He is one of the oldest members of this community.

• Should you buy from him?
      Probably, yes. After all, he offers extremely cheap plans.

• Should you buy extremely cheap plans for critical installations?
      No.

• Does this apply just for linuxthefish?
      No, it applies for all providers.

• Does Linuxthefish smells fishy because of the birth dates on registering his companies?
      No. After all, a lot of non-registered hosting companies are running for years and publish offers in LET, without an issue. And some registered companies disappeared leaving their customers in "cold water".

• Does a post from a member with all in all 3 visits to LET seem fishy, when he is trying in his 3rd visit to bash one of the older members because of a wrong registered birth date?
      Yes, it does. Spend some time here, contribute to the community, and then go on and bash any member you want...

Thanked by 2netomx Mridul
    edited July 2016

I think the DDOS from @Manuelle is starting. He's super mad. See you guys on the other side.

• ManuelleManuelle Member
    edited July 2016

@jarland I sign up with digital ocean with fake details now, please accept my order i sign up now and send ticket with your approval

@jvnadr i come here to buy, i have many vms from long providers and yes i cant bother keep moving my stuff so i look into each.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

jarland said: I think the DDOS from @Nixtren is starting. He's super mad. See you guys on the other side.

Wot? Does he have any relation with OP?

Manuelle said: I sign up with digital ocean with fake details now, please accept my order i sign up now and send ticket with your approval

Haha sure thing, I'll get right on that.

jvnadr said: Wot? Does he have any relation with OP?

Oops, pasted wrong name :P

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2016

Manuelle said: i come here to buy, i have many vms from long providers and yes i cant bother keep moving my stuff so i look into each.

If you come here just to buy, please stop bashing reputable members. Delete your account and search for offers as guest.
    But as it seem by this thread, you don't come here just to buy, neither to LEB. You said that you posted similar comment to LEB and, when you didn't see it, you came here to bash linuxthefish. This isn't a behavior of a buyer. If you had concerns about him even when you read all the comments after his offers on LEB and LET, you could simply ask if he is reputable because you saw 3 different birth dates in some registering documents.

Manuelle said: Maybe all detail here is fake, why this site allow such scams?

But, no, your intentions were different: you just wanted to call him scam (!!!) and push the admins not to allow him to post offers here.
    IMHO, you are scam, you probably have another account and you have personal issues with linuxthefish or you are a competitor. That would be the only reason to let you have such a poor behavior.

/thread

Thanked by 1jar
  • ATHKATHK Member

Plot twist, Linuxthefish is actually a fish, must be scam.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • IshaqIshaq Member

Who wants a DDoS protected VPS in the UK for $15/year?

@linuxthefish is a cool dude :)

• PandyPandy Member

nothing against him or anything

but im still interested in hearing his side to this :P

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@Ishaq said:
    Who wants a DDoS protected VPS in the UK for $15/year?

@linuxthefish is a cool dude :)

For what its worth, the billing system seems to be inaccessible. Tried connecting from my home IP and VPN. No Joy :/

• @Manuelle said:
    He has 3 different birth date, is that not funny?

I dunno, I guess I've heard better jokes.

Thanked by 2ricardo KamA
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Oh gtfo. linuxthefish provides an excellent, solid service, for cheap. I'm about to order my second VPS with him. He's teh man!

• FritzFritz Veteran

I'm using his $15/year box and it has been running great since the first boot.

My suggestion, do not use it for something critical as @jvnadr suggested before.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited July 2016

Thread summary:

OP was unhappy today.

So he came to LET to attack the fish:

Jarland would have none of it:

And now @Manuelle has responded with a DDOS:

Which apparently has not taken down LET:

All of which whets the appetites of drama connoisseurs...

As we await further developments.

Don't give up OP. I think this thread has legs. I believe in this thread.

Meanwhile our sponsor is making mad dough on the traffic.

And the fish? Hasn't even noticed.

• CrustyCrusty Member

Somebody has been able cause a problem for dedistation.com. I get a 500 error for any buy link. Maybe it's just me.

• OP has a fair point. I think the take away point is that it's alright for LET folk to be half arsed hobbyists 'cos it doesnt really matter all that much does it', til they want to get all serious and make a point, that's when they become industry professionals, debating over the minutae when it suits :)

Churlish feckers.

• Came for the funny running, stayed for the silly walks...

• MacPacMacPac Member

I am hosting my little image host (imgocean.net) on ovz by @linuxthefish

I have known this guy for like 7 years and he is one of the most generous and trusted members on this community.