Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iscsi speed connection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iscsi speed connection

I'm playing around with a linux and windows box. I've setup the linux box as a target and the windows box as the initiator. I'm getting a good stable speed of 50mb/s. The data center I'm at doesn't have any private connections so this is probably the best speed I'll get, both machines are located in the same datacenter. Is this connection stable enough? Is it good enough to use on an ongoing basis? Thoughts?

Comments

• Is this connection stable enough?

There is no information here to make that determination.

Is it good enough to use on an ongoing basis?

That depends on the above, and what you are using it for. What are you running over it?

• Again was just messing around to see if I could do it. But if I keep it I'd probably just run backups over it or maybe a VM.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited July 2016

You can run backups over nearly anything. The slower your transfer speed, the longer the backups will take. The VM may or may not work well depending on it's IO needs.