Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

www.northhosts.co.uk Down or Dissapeared..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

www.northhosts.co.uk Down or Dissapeared..

Cant seem to login to my vps.. The website is down too..
Anybody has any answers?

Comments

• Who is this?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Who

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • MadMad Member
    edited July 2016

Another provider I've never heard of.

Am I obsolete or is it unknown? :)

• Are these the guys who advertise on WHT?

• @PremiumN said:
    Are these the guys who advertise on WHT?

They do a lot of advertising via eBay....

• AmitzAmitz Member

Website loads fine here... Who are they again?

Thanked by 1GCat
  • MadMad Member

@Amitz said:
    Website loads fine here... Who are they again?

A Northern web hosting provider.

• Everything ok now. Hope it stays that way..

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited July 2016

Amitz said: Website loads fine here... Who are they again?

You might not have heard of them as they lack a kimsufi in their domain name to actually matter.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/search?Search=northhosts

OP, I have 2 VPS with them, they're both fine and can login, so I guess it was just a small period of downtime.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • MridulMridul Member

They have been acquired by ukhost4u.

• GCatGCat Member
    edited July 2016

• I never heard of this provider...

• Website loads fine for me too.. It might be temporary issue at your end @golden419

• I swear it was not from my part. Must be a downtime from there side. Even noticed that webmin.com was down for a while...
    What to do....

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited July 2016

Yes, that is indeed 10,000TB

Thanked by 2Infinity GCat
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

eastonch said: Yes, that is indeed 10,000TB

Finally, some decent petabyte offers.

• They seem like pretty decent guys when I spoke to them, stuffed hosted out of UKServers Coventry IIRC

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2016

Hello,

We have accquired NorthHosts and the downtime happened in regards to moving to OVH infrastructure. We will be rebranding it to NorthKimsufi, everything else will stay the same. Everything is back up now and we hope you enjoy the service.

Regards,
    OVH Technical Support

• MridulMridul Member
    edited July 2016

As you may already be aware, UKHost4u have joined forces with North Hosts and from today will be taking full responsibility for all shared/reseller services. The first stage of this change is to make you all aware of the new address for the billing system. To access your billing account, please visit the following URL:

https://nh.ukhost4u.com/clientarea/

Should you require any support or perhaps have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can find our contact information on our website at:

https://www.ukhost4u.com/contact

Please state that you are a North Hosts customer so my colleagues can help you in more efficiently and effectively.

There will inevitably be a short period of disruption during this transition phase but we hope to minimise this as much as possible. In addition, the migration of hosting accounts has not begun and we will of course make further announcements in the next coming days to make sure all customers are aware of any changes that may need to be made.

Once again I would like to send a warm welcome from UKHost4u to all North Hosts customers. We all look forward to helping you with all of your hosting needs in the future.

Regards,
    UKHost4u>

• I thought these guys offered colo in Bradford?? Hence "North" hosts

Maybe it was another company, but I'm 90% sure it was them.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

These guys are in Coventry, had a dedi with them which was alright.

• Ive just been made aware of this thread, north hosts have not deadpooled and neither have we sold up. We are simply not offering shared hosting anymore and are concentrating on our core business of Colocation, vps and dedicated servers. The email that was sent out to hosting clients only clearly informed everyone of the new focus for our company and had zero mention of being acquired by anybody. We have come to an agreement with ukhost4u to take over our shared hosting clients only - nothing else is affected. The brief downtime yesterday was down to an emergency switch swap out which took around 10 - 15 minutes to complete.

• Good to hear you clear up the few rumours. I do like your service and from this thread quite a lot of people that have not heard about you, now know better.
    Keep up the good job. Wish you the best..

• @Jack said:

@hostnoob said:
    I thought these guys offered colo in Bradford?? Hence "North" hosts

Maybe it was another company, but I'm 90% sure it was them.

I never saw anything in Bradford, the owner was based in Wigan though as far as I could tell when I checked a few month back, hence the north bit..

Yea I was thinking of http://yorks.co.uk/ who are based in Bradford

• My VPS is still up?

• northhostsnorthhosts Member
    edited July 2016

@linuxthefish said:
    My VPS is still up?

As per my earlier reply - we havent deadpooled and arent going anywhere. Im not sure why a 10 minute network blip renders a company dead but there you go.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@northhosts said:
    Im not sure why a 10 minute network blip renders a company dead but there you go.

Because, unfortunately, some people prefer drama to the real information. :(

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • HybridHybrid Member

I saw their VPS offers in here on LET. I bought a 512 MB vps and it's been running perfectly for almost 5 months. One of the best low end hosts I've been with so far.

• @northhosts said:

@linuxthefish said:
    My VPS is still up?

As per my earlier reply - we havent deadpooled and arent going anywhere. Im not sure why a 10 minute network blip renders a company dead but there you go.

10 minutues downtime.
    That so worse. Man thats a deadpool at the time your backup.