Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone interested in my old Kimsufi KS3 (15€/Mo)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone interested in my old Kimsufi KS3 (15€/Mo)?

Piranha771Piranha771 Member
edited July 2016 in General

EDIT:
--- !!! --- Adopter found :) Please don't send me any more messages. --- !!! ---

I don't use it anymore and the server is cheaper than the current offers you get on the dedicated server page. It would be a shame to let it go, so I ask if anyone wants to adopt that server?

Old KS-3:
i5 750 Quadcore @ 2.67
16GB RAM
2TB HDD

Basically this is the new "KS-3B" but 5€ cheaper.

The server will end 15.07.2016.

Comments

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited July 2016

I also wanted to trade my KS-2E (flash sale edition) for a KS-4C (flash sale edition) but the procedure is too complicated and i don't think anyone here transferred a kimsufi server successfully.

I will also let it go when it expire on 3rd of next month because i need a better processor and Atom sucks while i don't have any special need for 2TB storage at the moment.

• @WebGuru said:
    the procedure is too complicated and i don't think anyone here transferred a kimsufi server successfully.

Uhm... I've read that you only have to open a ticket that you want a transfer of Server XY to the receiver account. The server receiver account opens a ticket to with "I want to receive Server XY"
    I've never done a owner transfer though.

• @Piranha771 said:

@WebGuru said:
    the procedure is too complicated and i don't think anyone here transferred a kimsufi server successfully.

Uhm... I've read that you only have to open a ticket that you want a transfer of Server XY to the receiver account. The server receiver account opens a ticket to with "I want to receive Server XY"
    I've never done a owner transfer though.

Me and @Nekki wanted to go for this transfer but there is a whole form and some manual verification stuff depending on countries that makes it just too complicated. Here is the link of that transfer page https://www.ovh.co.uk/cgi-bin/en/procedure/procedureChangeOwner.cgi

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

KimsufiBay.

Thanked by 2netomx thagoat
  • @raindog308 said:
    KimsufiBay.

This wasn't supposed to be a selling thread. I just wanted someone else to benefit from the gooold old price.

@WebGuru said:
    Me and @Nekki wanted to go for this transfer but there is a whole form and some manual verification stuff depending on countries that makes it just too complicated. Here is the link of that transfer page https://www.ovh.co.uk/cgi-bin/en/procedure/procedureChangeOwner.cgi

Okay, then it will be gone the day after tomorrow ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• @Piranha771 said:
    Okay, then it will be gone the day after tomorrow ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe someone here can share the experience with us. So far i didn't saw anyone with a successful kimsufi transfer

• DemoDemo Member

They want it via mail. Not even a fax is accepted.
    No chance you can do it on time.

• @Demo said:
    They want it via mail. Not even a fax is accepted.
    No chance you can do it on time.

I am willing to extend it for the new owner, if it isn't possible in time.

• it's a crime to sell or abandon your Kimsufi. death sentence.

Thanked by 2netomx ehab
  • @theroyalstudent said:
    it's a crime to sell or abandon your Kimsufi. death sentence.

I am not selling, I search for an adopter :D I try to not let it die :-(

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • DemoDemo Member

I'd love to adopt it but I doubt we can make it 'on-time'.

Cheers

• Piranha771Piranha771 Member
    edited July 2016

@Demo said:
    I'd love to adopt it but I doubt we can make it 'on-time'.

Cheers

As I said, I'm willing to extend the Server if the adopter pays me 17.84 € (15€ + VAT) (I can go first). This gives enough time to get Kimsufi to transfer this bb. Adopter would get instant access from me while the server is still in my Account.

I just looked the price up. My KS-3 is 25% cheaper than the equivalent offer of today <3

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Worth mentioning that different OVH support regions have different processes for transfer; France and the U.K. have the unwieldy ID postal process, but for the Canada site it's just a form to be filled in.

• DemoDemo Member

Thanks again!

Adopted it. ;)